Chapter 6; Strange.

As Draco fled from the Malfoy Manor he couldn't help but feel scared. He had known little other than what he had grown up with.

All he had with him was the money he was able to grab from his chambers while running from his fathers guards, a satchel of fruit, a flask of water, a riding cloak and his horse.

He knew where to go, the only place where a wanted wizard was guaranteed sanctuary, Hogwarts Castle.

The home of the great King Albus Percival Wolfrick Brian Dumbledore, the only man ever to be known as a man of true peace. Through all the battles ever fought in the land called Diagon, he remained a pacifist.

Believing not in the hatred, revenge, jealousy and envy that the leaders of the sectioned land often experienced but of what was the cause behind it and the solution to fix it, the light in the dark, although he was unable to deny the fact that when it came down to the nitty gritty he was biased, Gryffindor through and through.

Draco looked up to the ludicrous, loved and hated man as a role model, secretly of course. He admired Dumbledores lack of care of others opinionated comments. If there was anyone who would help him it was King Dumbledore. He had been chosen by Merlin himself.

The mornings brightness was long gone, the muddy soiled ground was lashed by the fierce and throttling storms rain.

Draco was soaked to the skin, shivering as he rode desperately towards the castle, his fathers guard behind him. Once he would cross the Hogwarts threshold the enchanted shield would come into action and hide the wanted from their foes. It would only be then that Draco would be able to relax.

He saw the point to which he must cross and headed towards it. His steed, Hedwig, galloped towards it, his adrenaline pumping, himself and Hedwig crossed the castle lines only to find himself in a blanket in front of a warm, roaring fire.

Confused he looked around only to find himself in front of the legendary Albus Dumbledore.

"My, Draco. You seemed to be in a quite a fickle situation right there." Dumbledore spoke confidently.

Draco kneeled before him. "Your majesty, I come asking for sanctuary, for I wish not to be a part of this looming battle. I see no purpose and I find no place for myself or my title in the land of Slytherin. I come to you asking of assistance, if I may be so honoured."

Dumbledore stared at the kneeling boy for a while before speaking.

"If you are stay here I ask of you not to be so polite I find it quite cold and to my dislike quite boring." Dumbledore said while picking up a silver spoon sitting on a shelf."

Draco gaped at him from his kneeling position.

"I do much prefer fun words, like jettatura and fanfaronade or, a personal favourite zugzwang." Dumbledore continued with a twinkling smile.

Draco stood. "Of course your highness."

Dumbledore put the spoon he was examining back down on the shelf. "You may call me Dumble if you like."

Draco gaped at the strange man in confusion.

"Dumble?" He asked.

Dumbledore nodded. "It was a nickname I tried to go by in my youth, however it never seemed to stick."

"I can't imagine why." Draco said in fake disbelief.

"Quite unfortunate indeed." Dumbledore nodded. "Now you come seeking refuge, I will show you to your room, follow me." Dumbledore said while turning on his heel and walking out of the double doors.

Draco followed him.

"Now the third floor is strictly forbidden, try to avoid Peeves the poltergeist and perhaps maybe Mr. Filch the caretaker, he doesn't take well to people. The cat is Mrs. Norris stay clear of her as well. If a mad looking woman come up to you and predicts you're tragic and early death don't be alarmed that's just my seer, Sybill Trelawney, and she's a fake." Dumbledore said as he wove his way around the castle corridors.

Draco listened to him in shock at the new knowledge of strange personality of the man he so admired.

Dumbledore stopped outside of a room and opened the door to a comfy and warm room. "Breakfasts at nine, lunch at midday, dinners at seven. If you need anything I'll be in my office."

"Thank you,.....Dumble." Draco thanked the old man.

"It's my pleasure." The old man said with a twinkle in his eye before turning to face the door.  "Oh and no guests," Dumbledore gave him a knowing loo. ".....except Ms.Granger of course." He finished and shut the door leaving Draco is a further state of shock.