Prologue

Hey guys! This is one of my favourite stories that I've written, I had it on my account @hedgieheroluvers and then I decided to post it here. So, sorry if it's different from my story now, but enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It all started with a fight. A fight against the one and only, Doctor Eggman.

Sonic and his friends were fighting against Eggman and his new robot. It was a very big and powerful robot.
"Hohoho! Meet my newest invention, my obliterator bot!" Eggman cackled down to the gang from his floating hovercraft. The robot starred at the group with bright red eyes. Tails was a little concerned. He looked over at his best friend, Sonic, and whispered to him, "Sonic, are you sure we can beat this thing?" The azure hedgehog looked over at his two-tailed friend, "Are you kidding? Of course we can beat it, we beat Eggman all the time!" Tails smiled and gave him a wink before the group stood in their battle positions, "Obliterator bot, attack!" Eggman snapped his fingers and the robot began to walk towards the gang, showing off its weapons and missiles inside of it. Knuckles was the first to go after it, "RAWWW!!" He yelled as he ran towards the giant machine and was ready to strike a blow to the leg. But before he could reach the robot, it picked him up in its giant metal fist and whipped him to the ground, creating a giant thud when he hit the ground, "Agh.." He moaned weakly as he stood up with a few bruises on his body as he ran to the giant robot once again. "Let me take a whack at it!" Amy Rose as she summoned her Piko-Piko hammer, and charged at the robot. As soon as she reached the robots base, she whacked it as hard as she could with her hammer, only to grab the attention of the giant robot, and leave Amy stunned from the impact. "Oww..." She groaned as she dropped her hammer and shook her hands wildly. The robot took this as an advantage, and reached his giant metal hand towards her to grab her. "Amy!!" Tails shouted as he wound up his tails and flew to Amy's rescue. He grabbed her by the arms just at the right moment and moved her out of harms way. "Phew, that was close," They both said to eachother in unison as Tails wiped away a little bead of sweat that formed on his forehead. "C'mon Amy, let's take another go at it," The twin tailed fox suggested as he wound up his tails once more and picked up the female hedgehog and flew towards the robot. Sonic was watching as his friends fought the giant robot. Knuckles, getting thrown to the ground repeatedly no matter what move he tried, Amy and Tails, trying their hardest to make a dent in the robots powerful armour. He sighed quietly and decided to give them a hand. He began to run in circles around the giant robot, getting its attention so they could all strike it. "HEY DOWN HERE! YOU BIG PIECE OF METAL!" He taunted from down below, while the robot tried to get a good view of where Sonic was. Sonic, however, was way too fast for the robot to see. He smirked and began to run a little faster. Thinking that was enough to distract the robot, it took a lucky strike and kicked out in front of itself. Unfortunately, that's where Sonic was, and he got blasted into a wall, which immediately collapsed and came crumbling down on top of him. None of Sonics friends noticed, since they were too busy trying to fight off the robot. He slowly made his way out of the rubble and rubbed his head. "Ouch!" He flinched when he put his gloved hand to a certain part of his head. He pulled his hand down too see that it was covered with drops of a red velvet liquid. He also found that his left arm was covered in little cuts and bruises from the impact. "Tails was right... We're definitely gonna need help with this..." He stepped out of the rubble and dialled someone on his wrist communicator.

In another area, a ebony hedgehog with red stripes on his quills was leaning against a shady tree in a empty park. He had his arms folded behind his head and his legs crossed with his eyes completely closed. "What are you doing here all alone, sugar?" Shadow opened one eye partly to see a white female bat standing in front of him with one hand at her side and one hand on her hip, staring at him. "Is it a crime to be alone?" The ebony hedgehog said in a sarcastic tone of voice as he closed his eye again. "Well, no--" "Then leave me alone." Rouge began to speak, but was interrupted by Shadow. Rouge didn't listen to Shadow, as she stayed put. "Why are you always alone?" She asked as she titled one ear to the side. Shadow answered her with a grunt as he tilted his head slightly downward. "It's such a shame..." The female said as she shook her head slowly with her arms crossed. "It's not up to you what I do with my time, so why don--" Shadow was interrupted by his wrist communicator vibrating by his ear. He opened his eyes and sat up as he answered it. He answered it to see Sonics face looking at him. "This better be important.." Shadow said as he gridded his teeth to show that he was in no mood. "Shadow, we need your help. Eggman as this huge obliterator bot, and we need help destroying it. Please help us, we can't do it without you." Sonic explained to his darker counterpart. "I see... and where are you exactly?" "Near the outskirts of the city. Please hurry. Bring as much power as you can, you're going to need it." Sonic said as he hung up the call. Shadow closed his communicator and let out a sigh as he stood up. "Rouge, I'm going to help them. " He put a hand into his back quills and tried to find his chaos emerald. "Hey, where's my--" Rouge put a finger to his lips as she handed him a bright green chaos emerald. She gave him a wink as she flew off. "Only you, Rouge. Only you. " Shadow said with a chuckle as he uses chaos control to teleport to the gang to their aid.

Meanwhile, on the outskirts of the city, the battle was getting very rough. Knuckles' whole body was covered in cuts, bruises and scars, from being constantly beat up from the giant machine. Amy and Tails, both had many cuts, but they weren't as severe as Knuckles. Sonic, on the other hand, had a giant wound on his head from smashing into the wall, as well as bruises all over his body. Just when he thought he couldn't go on any longer, a bright light appeared in front of him, which caught the attention of everyone, Even Eggman. "Huh?" Sonic said weakly as he stood up from the ground. Then, Shadow walked appeared. "Shadow!" The gang shouted in unison. Sonic was the first one for Shadow to lay eyes on. "Geez faker, you look even worse than usual." He said with a smirk on his face. "Normally I'd reply with something cocky, but we have bigger concerns at the moment." He pointed to the robot, who looked like it had taken a little bit of damage from the group. "Let me take care of this," The ebony hedgehog then began to skate around the robots base. Knuckles, Tails and Amy all stepped out of the way and watched Shadow. "Shadow?! What's he doing here!? No matter, I'll just destroy him as well!" Eggman threatened, which gave no concern to the ebony hedgehog. The robot was about to use the same kick on Shadow, when Shadow jumped up and uses chaos spears on the robots leg, which cut the wires that connected it to the body. The machine immediately fell to the ground, but was still attacking. "Sonic! Help me with this!" Shadow yelled as the azure hedgehog nodded with a smirk and began to run around the robot with Shadow. "Urrgg! Take them down!" Eggman yelled as he smashed the control panel to his robot, causing it to go haywire. "Woah!" Sonic yelled as he began to dodge the robots random attacks. "I'm finishing this, now!" Shadow yelled as he took out his chaos emerald, ready to finish the robot. Just as he was going to fire, the robots leg reattached onto it, making it stand up once again. Shadow lost his focus to what he was going to do, as the robot took advantage and punched him into the ground. "SHADOW!!" Sonic yelled at the top of his lungs. He began to run to Shadows aid, but was soon stopped when he collapsed to the ground from the wound on his head that was now bleeding violently. The ebony hedgehog didn't move at first, which Eggman decided to take advantage. He got his obliterator bot to scoop his body up in his hand and stick him into a glass tube. The azure hedgehog watched helplessly, as his friends limp body was put into a tube. Shadow soon began to stir, as he eyes popped open and he gained his surroundings again. "Hey.. Let me out!" He banged on the glass, which didn't make a dent from the amount of force he was using. "Goodbye, Shadow! Hohoho!" Eggman cackled as he pressed a button on the control panel. Electricity began to spark inside the tube, which immediately electrified Shadow. "AHHHHH!" He screamed from inside the tube, while Sonic and his friends watched in complete horror. "What are you doing to him!!??" Sonic screamed at Eggman as little tears began to form on the edges of his eyes. "Oh nothing, just sucking all his chaos energy out of his body, until he's nothing." Eggman smirked. "NOO! SHADOW!!" Sonic looked back up at Shadow, who seemed to be in excruciating pain. The bolts of electricity got more and more powerful, sucking Shadows life out of body until he was nothing but a corpse. Sonic couldn't bear to watch any longer. The robot finally stopped sending the bolts through the ebony hedgehogs body, as he collapsed lifelessly in the tube. Suddenly, Shadows body was put into some sort of canon, that was aimed in another direction. "NOOO!!" Sonic screamed as he stood up weakly and gave his best effort to use a spin dash on the canon. He hit the robot before it shot Shadow, only to make the circuits act up. "Self destruct. 10 seconds." The robot began to break down, all except for the canon. "I HAVE TO SAVE HIM!!" Sonic yelled but he was too late. The canon was ready to shoot Shadow. All that was seen was Shadows limp body fly through the air at amazingly fast speeds. "SHADOW NO!!!" Sonic yelled as he wanted to go find Shadow. "Sonic no! We have to get out of here!!" Amy grabbed Sonics wrist and pulled him back. "NO I HAVE TO SAVE HIM!!" Sonic protested as tears began to stream down his cheeks. "Self destruct. 5 seconds." "LETS GO!" Amy yelled as she pulled Sonic as hard as she could and ran away with the rest of the gang. Eggman flew away as well. All that could be heard was the sound of the robot exploding and the faint scream of Sonic. "SHADOW!!!!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs before his vision and focus began to fade to black.