1

"Get in the car now," Rowan grumbled out the window of the old minivan. Celaena stood outside of his door, arms crossed and head shaking. 

    "Not getting in unless you let me pick the station," she snapped. Chaol sighed from the backseat where he and Dorian were stuck. Celaena and Rowan had made a mad dash to the car, Celaena calling shotgun. Nobody argued with her about that. But Rowan... he would not listen to the twisted crap that played on the radio when Celaena took over. Neither did Chaol, but like he was going to get himself involved in that situation.

    "All you have to do is turn the little knob until it reads 101.9 and I'll get into the car. I will stand here all day if I have to."

    "We only have a day to get there-" Rowan was silenced as Celaena attempted to slap him across his face. He had sensed the motion and had her wrist in his hand in a lock that not even Celaena could escape. She thrashed and wiggled her arm to no avail from outside the car. Rowan smirked.

    "Come on, Rowan, it's only for, like, three hours?" Dorian just wanted to get on the road already. He seemed to be the only one who didn't mind Celaena's choice of music. Dorian looked over at Chaol, who had his head in his hands.

    "Four hours and thirty-three minutes, actually." He released Celaena's hand from the death hold and turned the knob on the radio with unnecessary force. The knob tumbled into his lap.

    "I'm going to carve your ears out!" Celaena raged at Rowan as Chaol walked out of the car and jogged back to the gas station where they had all met. People filling up their tanks stared curiously at the car. Dorian thought about following him, but did not particularly want to come back to a car of war and destruction.

    "Please, and put me out of my misery." Rowan and Celaena stared at each other for a moment, as if having a silent show-down in their minds. In one swift motion, Celaena dove through the open window before Rowan could roll it up, and Dorian leapt up to the front seat and grabbed Celaena by the waist, pulling her away from Rowan.

    "You two are ridiculous," Dorian mumbled as Celaena threw punches at Rowan from her strange position laying half on Rowan and half on the dashboard. Her feet kicked from outside the window. Dorian tried pull them apart from each other when the driver's door opened and Chaol butted Rowan's head with a pan he found gods-know-where. Rowan slumped in his seat.

"I was just getting to that," Celaena muttered under her breath. She also called Rowan some unmentionable names that Dorian was glad he could not entirely understand.

Dorian and Celaena sat there, shocked that the Fae prince was caught so off guard. Chaol stared at Dorian for a second longer before he realized his arms were still around Celaena. She flashed him a wicked grin before wiggling out of his arms and back into the shotgun seat.