A Month of October

Larrisa's pov.

A whole month. One whole month since I've moved from my grandparents small dairy farm in America to True Cross Academy in True Cross City in Japan. My progress so far? Many friends, a demon stalker, and a weird double spy kid. Things I've learned about my parents: Mother was orphaned and adopted  by a family from Germany. I've tried looking into it further but I think the one who could make the best progress is Shima-San... I just don't want to keep going on these awkward dates as payment for the information! And if you're wondering about that demon whom I called a stalker, he's the chairman's younger brother the Earth King Amaimon. He seems to be oddly infatuated with me. More so than the other students, he went as far as stalking me and came in through my bedroom window! And crashed my date with Shima which wasn't a bad thing at all.

Now it's October and the nights have gotten colder the days always have a chill, and Amaimon has been very lethargic during class almost just as bad as Rin.
"Pay attention Amaimo, Rin!" Okumura Sensei yelled when Rin snored a little too loud and Amaimon made a lake of drool, compleat with a 'waterfall' from the pouring saliva from his mouth. The gross thing is, greenmen are oddly attracted to it. So Shiemi was nervously trying to pinch Nii-chan back to stay away from the puddle of slobber while leaning over Amaimon and not trying to wake him up.
"Shiemi, put Nii-chan away and sit down." Yukio pinched the bridge of his nose when he got frustrated with the class, "I know everyone is a little tired from last night's mission of the run away roller coaster cart and the weather change but we all need to focus."

"S-sorry!" Shiemi pinched her familiar up and quickly sat down as Amaimon jolted awake and rubbed his eyes yawning like a lion's roar and slurped the line of drool from his bottom lip.
The chairman seemed so well mannered and composed, while Amaimon was the exact opposite, how was it that these two are related?

Rin groaned rubbing his eyes as well and sat up resting his face in his hand to try to fight his sleep again.
"Alright now that I have your attention, we'll start the Autumn Festival this month. In order to prepare we have to start heavy patrols now. Closer to the time of the festival we'll also help set up booths and we'll need to have one of our own."
"Why can't we ever have fun on a festival? They're more about makin us work than actually having fun." Shima groaned crossing his arms.
"We'll all be able to go to the main dance and can take turns watching the booth so that we'll have our own fun. It's Larrisa's first time at one of our events like this so we should show her how we have a good time." Yukio smiled.
"There's a dance? Do we have to have a partner like last time? I call Izimo to be my date!" Shima waved.

"In your dreams looser! Last festival you kidnapped me!" She spun in her chair to glare at him and held up a pencil like a dagger.   
"Calm down!" Yukio held up his hand to settle them, "no there's no mandatory dates or anything like that. Not this time."

I hope they don't over work themselves just trying to impress me.
"No mandatory dates? I guess no ones gonna be that desperate for you Shima." Bon elbowed him slightly.
"Well, Lannie might go with me." He looked over to me.
I looked away trying to hide in the paper work on the table, the only reason is because it's true. I might have to go with him because he's the only good source of information about my parents! I should just up my efforts on trying to figure it out myself, that way I can easily decline his offers of dates.

"Amaimon, I'm going to have to notify the chairman of your behavior today." Yukio noticed Amaimon asleep yet again with his head back and light snores coming from his nose. He didn't stir at all this time, I wonder if he's okay.
--
Patrols went on from the afternoon late into the evening. Amaimon had it easy, he simply told the rest of his kin, such as hobgoblins and nagas to kindly stay away from the academy during the festival. The rest of us set out renewing barriers and exorcising demons already nesting in areas that would be used for the festival.