Chapter Seven- Canine Teeth

0Quick Authors note ~~~~ Hey guys, thanks for reading and being patient with me! One thing I really ask is that, more than anything, I'd love for you to comment! I want to know what you think about the story and it's really the only thing that keeps me going! Please and thanks!!! Enjoy :)~~~~

    Seven

    I awoke to Sydney shaking me.

    "Kaylee," she hissed. "Kaylee, wake up right now!"

    I groggily opened my eyes and, as far as I could tell, it was pitch black--still the middle of the night. It got a bit awkward as I realized I was sleeping in Jacks arms, which were wound protectively around my waist. I wiggled free of his hold and sat up.

    "Syd, what's... what's the matter?" I asked, sounding tired and sleep-deprived.

    "There's s-something outside our window." her voice was shaky as she spoke.

    "Sydney, I'm sure it was nothing. You're just hearing things go back to sleep."

    "Kaylee... think about it. We're being hunted down by a pack of werewolves. Freaking werewolves! They didn't get their chance to kill us last night and they're not gonna stop until they do! And your'e telling me that I'm 'hearing things' when we have all that going on?" she demanded, irritated.

    "Sydney, I'm sure that--" my voice was cut off by a God-awful sound. Like... fingernails on a chalkboard. You know that horrible screeching noise that makes your teeth ache, the noise that makes you want to throw your hands over your ears and dive under a pillow? Yeah... that noise.

    "What the hell is that?!" I hissed, my stomach immediately dropping to the lobby.

    "I told you I heard something!"

    "Okay, okay, okay, don't panic, don't panic, just, ummm..."

    "Just what?!"

    "Maybe we should wake up Jack," I suggested, turning my head to my snoring friend. We heard the noise again and I had to swallow back the acid that lurched in my stomach.

    "Jack!" I whispered loudly, hitting him with a pillow.

    "What?!" he sat straight up in bed, his hair in a messy array, his breathing erratic.

    "I t-think something's outside," I stuttered, pointing towards the window. His breathing stopped in that moment.

    "Hide." he simply said.

    "What? Where are we supposed to hide in this crappy hotel room--"

    "I don't know! I don't know, okay?! Just hide somewhere! Now, go now!"

    I scrambled out of bed, tripping on the sheets, and ducked beside the table the held the TV-- we were out of sight from the window there. Sydney quickly crouched down beside me, her breathing shallow and tight, like she was trying to hold back sobs. I intertwined our fingers, giving hers a reassuring squeeze.

    Jack rolled out of bed-- a little weird that he was in boxers--and put his index finger to his lips as a motion for us to be silent. He slowly walked over to the window and I just couldn't help but let my eyes follow him... I had to see what was going on.

    When he peered through the thick drape, he stumbled back, falling onto Sydney's bed and as soon as he was up on his feet again, he was already by me and Syd, grabbing our hands and pulling us up.

    "Run."

    "What?!" I demanded. "No, Jack, last time I left you it almost killed us both, I can't just let you--"