(22)-The End

Bobby Singer and the Winchester's were now back at Bobby's home. Sam was silent, fiddling with a tumbler full of whisky; he wasn't going to drink it and he knew that when he poured it, but he needed something strong to swallow the events that had occurred. It wouldn't of helped and when he lifted it to his lips, he placed it back down with a defeated sigh picking up a beer and flicking off the top.

Bobby on the other hand, was stood over his desk. He was playing with his hat and cursing, thinking of anything he could do to reverse it. Maybe they could summon Cas, but he didn't know where to start. He growled a sigh again, and scratched at his beard. And Dean, poor Dean Winchester, was refusing to accept the truth. He refused to accept Stevie being dead, he refused to accept that he was crying, he refused to accept that she'd been crying. They were both so out of character last night, both of them screaming and hysterically sobbing in each other's arms. Both of them showing how they felt, and they don't do that. They never do that. But I guess that's what love does to you.

Dean had been standing in the same spot for just over five minutes, staring at the floor, unmoving. He almost jumps on the spot as he suddenly kicks out at a cabinet, cursing loudly as tears try and fall again.

"Cas!" He cocks his head up to the Heavens and swears again, "Cas, you bastard!" That attracted the Angel. Castiel appeared in the moment Dean finished his sentence, greeting the hunter with a very normal, 'Hello Dean.' The hunter spins with the anger in him like a hurricane.

"What the Hell are you playing at Cas?" Castiel stands silent, looking over the Hunter's shoulder to see Sam and Bobby. Sam offers something like sympathy for the Angel but Bobby looks away. He's suppressing a range tickling his Hunter instincts; suppressing the urge to walk over and hit the son of a bitch.
"Why didn't you help her! Why didn't you help me?" His words sound like a plea but Castiel just shrugs, his face slack with robotic and confused emotion.

"I sent help-" He motions to Bobby. "What more could I have done?" Dean refrains from hitting Cas square in the jaw, so he turns his swinging arm to punch the desk beside him instead. He grips the wood, controlling his breathing before he can turn back to the Angel.

"You could've saved her." Cas took a step back, the anger in Dean's voice - the pure and raw pain that he never, ever shows - almost scared him.

"I do not know her Dean." Dean threw his arms up in exasperation, shaking his head at his naive words, until "She is not important." He couldn't help it, he launched himself at the man. The desk next to him, between them, Dean threw over thinking that this would be enough to satisfy his urge to hit Castiel, but it wasn't.

"Hey! Wow-guys, Dean, calm down-Jesus."
Sam stood from his seat just out of the room, jumping to pull his brother from Castiel. Dean had his fingers wrapped around the Angel's collar but after a long moment, his breath heavy and threatening against his cheek, he let go. Dean searched the blue of the Angel's eyes until he let go of him with a deep growl escaping his throat.

"You fucking save her Cas." The hunter couldn't look at the Angel, he was looking at the floor with his fists clenched, knuckles white.

"No."

Dean spun, disbelief etched on each feature of his face. Cas listened to him, after all they had done for him, all they'd been through, why wouldn't he help?

"What?"

"Dean, we have bigger problems. Crowley was told you were dead. Demons think you're dead. Hell has reopened, they have nothing to fear with the Winchester's are gone." But Dean was hearing this, Dean didn't care. Dean had breaths of hate shaking his body, "We have more important things to deal with-"

"No, we don't." Dean barked, running a hand through his hair; his anguish had started to leave him breathless and he felt like he was suffocating. "There is not a 'we', if she's not here!" The hunter looked around desperately, and if Bobby and Sam hadn't known him better, they'd think he was almost asking them for help.

"Boy, you listen here-"

"No." Dean shot Bobby down the moment he spoke. He could feel himself falling apart with every sentence, he needed to stop talking.

"No. Cas, please."

"Dean I don't think you understand-"

"I understand perfectly!" Dean was shouting, turning back to the man in the trench coat. "And, I don't care." Castiel knew he was getting nowhere with the man and his blue gaze dropped from the hunter.

"Hell has reopened, Dean."

"Then save her Cas, and we'll kill all of the bastards that try and get us first."

So, the Angel disappeared.