Prologue

Emery

I love sex! I love the feel of a warm, sweat slicked body against mine. Sometimes I crave the soft curves of a female body welcoming me inside and other times I crave the hard unyielding planes of a male body. Beneath me, over me, behind me, I don't care. I love sex!

I don't really put myself in a box to be compartmentalised as just another sexuality. I'm me and I love the freedom to be with whoever I feel attracted to. I love to feel good. I dream of the perfect orgasm with the perfect partner who will fly me to the stars where we can watch the fireworks from our love making on a pair of ringside seats. 

I've come damn close to that blissful feeling at the end of a pair of very pointy fangs. Casper! I sigh in bliss every time I think of his teeth breaking through my skin before he'd start to suck on my open vein. It felt like he had a direct connection with my cock. But Casper never laid one finger on me sexually which was more than a little disappointing. That vampire was one hot piece of ass and I'd gladly bend over for him, or bend him over. 

I was pretty flexible about who could top.

Casper had declared me to be a blood slave, or some shit like that. I wasn't a slave for anything or anyone. Now he refused to drink from me and it was driving me crazy. When he'd returned to his coven and his job for the council I had begged him to take me with him but he refused.

I didn't take no for an answer easily which is why I was now standing on the doorstep of his coven's home. I rang the bell and waited for someone to answer the door. It was late in the evening and the sky had grown dark. Halloween would be here soon, the days were already growing shorter as the nights grew longer. The bitter sting of colder weather could already be felt on the breeze and I anticipated a bad winter ahead.

"Can I help you?" A beautiful brunette with perky little breasts looked up at me from her position inside the now open doorway. She was only about five foot three and had a pair of amazingly clear blue eyes. I felt drawn into them and found myself moving closer to her without conscious thought.

"I...uh..." All thought and ability to speak seemed to have left me at that moment.

"Yes?" She smiled sweetly and licked those tempting pink stained lips. My eyes were riveted to her mouth and I imagined those lips wrapped around the throbbing cock in my suddenly too tight jeans.

"Maggie! Stop playing with our visitor," A male voice said from behind the beautiful woman who now had a name, Maggie.

Her eyes widened slightly and she bowed her head while backing away from me. "I'm sorry master. I was distracted by his beauty and the scent of his sweet blood." I suddenly snapped back to awareness of what was going on around me and realized the female vampire had put me under some kind of thrall. 

"Hey," I began to protest. "Don't pull that shit on a shifter you won't like us when we get pissed off."

The man stepped forward and bowed slightly at the waist. "Please accept my apologies for Maggie's behaviour. I am Xavier the master of this house and I do not condone my coven members behaving that badly. However, Maggie was right on both counts, you are exceptionally beautiful and your blood is the sweetest I have smelled in many years. How can I be of service to you, sweet shifter?" He took my hand in his and raised it to his face. He turned it so that my palm was facing upward and then dropped a kiss to the pulse beating erratically in my wrist.

"I-I-I'm Emery of the Wolf's Creek Pack. I'm a friend of Casper's and I thought I'd visit him for a few days or so if that's acceptable?" I finally said when I could peel my tongue from the roof of my mouth where it had soared when this unbelievably handsome specimen of manhood had kissed my flesh. 

He peered up at me from where he was still bent over my wrist and I gasped at the contrasting colours of his eyes. One brown, one green. Now that I was looking into those eyes I could clearly see the difference in colour.

 Now that I was looking into those eyes I could clearly see the difference in colour

"Heterochromia," he said surprising me out of my dazed staring.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked confused.

"My eyes, it is a condition called heterochromia. People do not normally notice it unless they are up close to me," he told me with a slight upward tilt of his lips.

"I'm sorry for staring, that's rude." I could feel myself blushing. 

"I don't mind I'm used to it. People find them fascinating. Now, please come in. Casper has already left for a meeting at the council but he should be back before one am. Let me show you to a guest room and then I'll give you a tour of the house. Do you have a bag?" He asked looking down at my empty hands.

"Uh, yeah. It's in my car. I didn't want to be presumptuous so I didn't take it out of the trunk," I admitted.

"I will have someone fetch it for you in just a few moments. First, why don't I show you around?" He gestured for me to proceed him through the large open entryway and into a room that was off to the right. It was a large den area with four big sofas and a number of arm chairs dotted around. There were seven people in the room, five men and two women one of which was Maggie. Xavier introduced me to everyone as we went from room to room and I tried my best to keep faces and names together in my mind. It wasn't easy since there were so many vampires living here.

Almost three hours later Casper returned to the coven. I was on a sofa between a lady named Victoria and a man named Kirk. They were both licking at my neck and trying to talk me into a dual feeding. I have to admit I was tempted to say yes but I resisted. I didn't know either of them and I couldn't trust that they wouldn't bleed me dry.

"Casper!" I yelled in greeting and grinned when he turned narrowed eyes on me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He growled.

"I came to visit my favourite vampire." I stood up and sauntered towards him. When I was within reach I placed my hands on his chest. "You must be hungry after such a long trip."

He caught my wrists and pushed my hands away. "I ate before I came home. You need to go back to your pack where you belong."

"I don't belong there," I pouted. "I needed to get away."

"Then find somewhere else to go," he said and turned to the two on the sofa. "He's an addict so don't you dare give in to him." 

They both looked at me and then got to their feet and left the room without a word being said by either. "What did you do that for?" I asked turning on Casper.

"They needed to know. There's nothing for you here, Emery. You should go home."

Casper left the room leaving me alone. I wasn't going home, there was nothing for me there, no mate of my own. I wasn't going to leave just because he told me to. I would stay until Xavier told me to go, this was his coven after all. I'd show Casper!