Chapter 3

This is a little longer than what I posted yesterday so.. Enjoy :)

~~

When I finally left the hospital, it was five days later. My ribs still ached but over all the doctors said I would be fine, which was a relief. All I had on the outside that showed what I had been through was the cast for my wrist, which wasn't so bad. Luckily, I didn't have any friends so I didn't really have to worry about them signing my cast. Okay, that was a lie. I had one friend. Her name was Cassie Andrews. She was my best friend, I guess. She kind of forced me to be her best friend four years ago, not that I am complaining. She is great. She has this smile that makes everyone happy and she is really pretty, not that I like her as any more than a sister. I am gay, after all. One of the reasons I am picked on. Not only that, but you will find out the rest later.

While at the hospital, my mom visited me a total of two times, including the time in which I passed out so in my head, she visited me once. Not that I was expecting more than that. My mother cared more about herself. She had been this way ever since my father left her, trying to get the attention from everyone even though she didn't deserve it. So even as I walked out of the hospital and saw her car, her honking the horn with a smile, I let out a sigh to myself. I truly didn't want to go with her.

I climbed into the car, rap music playing heavily from the speakers. It wasn't that I didn't like rap, I actually loved a lot of rappers, it was that the kind my mom listened to were the ones that were the least.. Creative. They weren't even catchy. I buckled up and my mom turned towards me.

"I think we should press charges.. It would be good for us.. We could sue them and you could get some money. You know we need money." My mouth fell open.

Really?! The first thing she tells me after nearly being beaten to death is this. I feel my fist clench, I couldn't do both since one wrist is broken. She started to drive, my anger rolling off me in waves.

"No. We aren't going to press charges, mother." I snapped, especially on the word mother. I never called her that. Normally just mom, or ma'am. Though at the same time, I didn't talk to my mother much.

"But-"

"NO! HE WILL MAKE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL AND I KNOW YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT AND ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF BUT I AM NOT GOING TO BE KILLED IN SCHOOL BECAUSE YOU NEED MORE MONEY FOR BOOZE!" I yelled.

Her lips pressed into a thin line. I never spoke back to my mother like that. Normally I was quiet and obedient.. But I guess I just snapped. I couldn't hold it back anymore. The drive was short, oh boy, it was silent. When we finally pulled into our driveway, I got out of the car quickly and ran up to my room, even though my body was sore as hell. I sighed and collapsed on my bed, pulling a pillow against my chest and nuzzling my face into it.

I wish my life was simpler. Have a supportive mother. Have a father. Be able to tell my best friend everything. I just.. I couldn't.. I couldn't let people get close. If I let them be close then I could have my heart broken.

I just need to find the right guy, I suppose. Someone who could take me out of my shell. Make me happy to wake up in the morning.

I fell asleep imagining that the pillow I was cuddling was my dream guy.