Those Memories (destiel oneshot)

Don't hate, if you don't like it, don't read it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castiel jerked awake, not having realised that he feel asleep in the first place. Looking around the cheap motel room he was sitting in, he wondered what had woken him.

Then he heard the sound again, a soft, sobbing sound coming from the large lump under the blankets on the bed across from him. Castiel stood up and walked over, slowly pulling back the covers to reveal a curled up, quivering Dean. He leaned over and softly shook Dean’s shoulder until the man’s eyes opened, blinking tiredly.

“Dean, I fear you were having some sort of nightmare.” He whispered, sitting down on the edge of the bed, his hand still on Dean’s shoulder. Just as he was about to pull away from the silent man, Dean whispered, “It was hell.”

“Still?” Castiel asked, Dean turned his face into Castiel’s arm and nodded.

“I don’t know what to do Cas, the memories, they’re just so horrible. What I did, what they did to me. I just want to forget.”

Castiel felt a plethora of emotions towards the man sobbing softly into his arm. Sadness, sympathy and one that he couldn’t seem to put a name to. Instinctually, he pulled Dean into his arms, rubbing reassuring circles on his back. After a few minutes of sitting like that, Dean finally relaxed, burrowing his head into Castiel’s chest and letting the tears flow.

“I know that it is hard, but you have to be strong, for Sam, for Bobby, the world relies on your strength. I know those memories are horrid, and you cannot forget, no matter how hard you try. But, instead of letting them consume and break you, use them to become stronger, and to fight harder in this war.” Castiel murmured into Dean’s silky, brown hair.

Looking up, Dean locked eyes with the angel holding him, before slowly leaning up and kissing his soft lips. Before Castiel could respond, he pulled away, laying back down and closing his eyes.

Pulling his mind out of the haze this Winchester’s kiss had put it into, Castiel smiled and lay down next to him, encompassing Dean’s waist with his arms and snuggling up against his back. Leaning over, Castiel placed one last, light peck on Dean’s cheek before putting his head back down, closing his eyes and going to sleep. His final thought before slipping into unconsciousness was ‘Someday, I shall make this beautiful man happy again.’

Even the worst of memories can bring people together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, um... this is my first attempt at a boyxboy story *says while hiding face and blushing*

I just happened to watch this one Supernatural episode with SO MUCH SEXUAL TENSION that when I went to bed, I just had to write it!

Please comment, vote and fan, and maybe I'll send my Deany to spend the night with you *winks*

P.S: yes Bre, yes, the title is an intentional pun on your username XP