Chapter Eight - Family Matters.

ONE MONTH LATER

Rach's P.O.V

"Trey!" I calmly called out from upstairs as I looked into my full body mirror at the outfit I'd been wearing.

"What happened?" He questioned as if he'd ran a marathon.

"Do you like?" I twirled around for him to examine my entire outfit.

"Where you think you going in that?" He questioned a bit serious.

"Remember I told you about Nova an' I going out tonight?"

"Ohh." He quickly replied. "But I had no idea this was what you had in mind of wearing - I only want you in those things when I'm around."

"Babyy." I made my way towards him. "There's nothing to worry about."

"Damn right." He assured me. "So where y'all going?"

"Club Trinity."

"Naw." He then shook his head. "Not my wife - Maybe some other nigga's."

"Trey." I called out a bit surprised to his response. "What's the worse that can happen - I'm a wife an' a mother."

"Exactly."

"I'm not gonna do anything." I spoke truthfully. "Besides .. Nova's gonna be with me."

"Mell's letting her go?"

I looked at him with my side eye.

"He has nothing to do with what Nova does." I simply spoke while making my way into our bedroom.

"What time y'all gonna be home?"

"I don't know Trey - I'll call you."

"Iight." He simply spoke.

I knew my husband, an' him just saying Iigh was not a good thing.

He was up to something but I just had no idea what it could be.

-
-

Nova's P.O.V

Making my way outside an' towards Rach's car I sighed lightly in relief finally being able to have a girls night out with just the both of us.

Mell an' I were still both not together as a couple but we continued to co parent the best way we could.

He still would treat me as if we were both together but I would always ignore the fact that he tried so hard. I still hadn't forgiven for what he did an' refused to allow myself back into something I wasn't one hundred percent ready for.

I needed to learn how to love myself before I was able to love another person - Let alone another man.

Tonight Rach an' I made plans on heading to one of the newest clubs in the A - Tonight was the grand opening so we knew it would be beyond filled with people.

Since the kids all stayed with their gramma's tonight Rach an' I were both free to do anything .. The only problem was, was that she was still happily married an' Trey expected his wife to be at home on time.

"Heyy!" I spoke excitedly while getting inside her car. "Well damn - Don't you look good."

She then lightly giggled.

"Naw shawty - It's really you." She looked over my appearance once more. "Only if Mell knew what he's missing out on."

I then playfully rolled both my eyes.

"Forget about Mell .. Did Trey actually allowed you to leave the house like this?"

She looked my way a bit disappointed.