That Boy is a Tramp

This is a Lady and the Tramp!AU. They're not animals. Have any of you seen that movie? Did you know that the reason that they're freaking out about the rat coming into the crib is because in that time, especially in the urban cities, that rats would eat the fingers and toes off of infants? They did and that's also why the crib was box looking: to keep the rats out. So next time you bitch about the WiFi being slow or something just be glad that you don't live in a time where you would most likely have your appendages eaten off by rats. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Derek is lounging around the house, bored out of his mind but he doesn't mind since he'll probably go for a walk soon, and he smiles at his parents as he walks out of the door. He likes his house, it's the largest in the neighborhood, and he walks around the block. His parents have been acting weird lately, they're acting so secretive, and it's bothering the fifteen year old. Derek's father always tells him everything, or at least everything that he asks about when he feels like it, so he knows that when they're ready they'll tell him. He's hoping that they're not moving or anything like that, Derek is sure that he would have heard about a new job or something that meant that they were moving, so he just puzzles to himself.

Derek walks down the street to the neighbor's house, two siblings live there by the name of Erica and Isaac that he's quiet fond of, and he smiles as he waves at them. "Derek, hey." Erica says, fanning herself as Derek walks to the porch to sit with her. Her twin, Isaac, is playing in the dirt as he builds dirt piles. Sometimes Derek likes to do that with him but mostly he likes to sit and talk with Erica, Isaac teasingly calls him a girl but Derek just doesn't see the appeal of playing in the mud and dirt in his clean clothes, so he just sits next to her. "Did you find out why your parents are acting so strangely?" Erica asks him, and Derek sighs as he shakes his head.

"Not yet. I think that they keep wanting to tell me something but they never actually say anything to me." Derek tells her, and she frowns along with him. The twins are younger than him by a few years, maybe that's why Isaac still likes to play in the dirt, but they're old enough to be his companions and peers so he doesn't want anyone else with him. "I think they'll tell me when they have too. I hope that we're not moving. I'm almost finished with school, and I'd hate to leave the house." Derek tells them, and they nod in agreement. He's sure that they wouldn't want him to leave anymore than he'd want to go.

"I'm sure it's nothing. We would have heard about it if your dad lost his job or if you were moving. Our fathers work together and Father would have said something to us about it if you were moving." Isaac supplies, and Derek sighs as he nods. He reaches forward to brush some mud off of his cheek with a soft sigh. He hopes it's nothing, but it's obviously something so he's just going to have to worry about it until they tell him.

Isaac and Erica's mother call them in for lunch, and Derek sighs as he stands. Before they can offer to have him for lunch, Derek politely shakes his head. "No, thank you. Not today. I think that I'll head home and try to see if my parents are around. Plus, I have lessons this afternoon." Derek explains, and the twins nod their heads as they head inside. Derek sighs to himself as he walks home, all the while wondering what it is it could be.

****

Stiles laughs loudly as he tosses a piece of fruit to Scott, and he sits down next to him to eat what he stole for them. He's fifteen, or at least he thinks that he is since he was twelve when his parents died and that was three winters ago, and he's tall, with moles, and wild brown hair with eyes to match. "You have to be more careful. Do you want to get thrown in jail?" Scott asks him, smiling at him while he eats. Stiles does all of the scrounging for them, not wanting his friend to get caught and since Scott doesn't have as much practice. Scott has a mother, she's just always at work and doesn't seem to care about him, so Stiles is the closes thing to have he has most of the time.