Fight Back

Special thanks @KeishaBaker @BeachKai @justsmile399 @Mackaykay1 @nutti_butti_crusher @Mtimande_Omuhle and @NjieFoster . Your comments helped a lot. Thanks for taking the time to comment!!

Renee

Take me away... Is what I wanted to say but I couldn't keep running from Cane. Just when I had finally settled into the bright city I had came to love suddenly everything had been ripped from under me. It was like I was that scared little girl running away after I found out I was pregnant. 

Lamar kept glancing at me but I couldn't bring myself to look at him and reassure him. I would break and right now I needed to be strong to get my son out of this. I felt so lost and disoriented right now.

Soon we were on my street, it was so peaceful. Everyone had put up their Christmas decorations and our street looked so amazing, attracting a lot of visitors. Reaching my house I saw people stopping and starring at it. I knew we went a little overboard this year but it was all for Christian and I was happy I did, thanks to Lamar. I stayed in a very nice middle class ish neighborhood and they took their holiday decorations serious to the point we had competitions. Every year before this I had been too broke to do anything but put up the tree, buy Christian Christmas presents, and decorate the outside of the house with cheap decorations. But this year we had won thanks to Lamar. Me, Lamar, & Christian had had so much fun putting up everything, it was a great bonding experience for us. Lamar had come to adore Christian and Christian definitely loved Lamar since he could play Call of Duty and some ball. They talked on the phone all the time when he wasn't over. Things had been going so great and then this had to happen. What was I going to do now?

Suddenly I snapped forward making Lamar jump and swerve a little as he pulled into the drive way. I needed a plan immediately. He glanced at me as I rushed to get into the house. He gently pulled me to him.

"Renee?! Please tell me whats going on."

I looked at Lamar. "I'm gonna take my life back into my hands. "

"Mom?" Christian called, running to me as my boss Chris walked behind him.

"You guys are early." He said menacingly glaring at Lamar. "You hurt my girl?"

Lamar took a step back and raising his hands.

I quickly spoke up. "No quite the opposite but something bad... " I broke off looking pointedly at Christian.

"Hey babe. How was school? How was lunch with ole Unc Chris?"

"Great mommy but I'm tired and I know its past my bedtime." He said hugging me and kissing my cheek before rumning off to get ready for bed."

"Well what happened that was so bad that you guys came back earlier then expected?" Chris said expectantly. I sighed. Lamar wrapped his arms around me and I relaxed my resolve was set.

I wouldn't run, I would fight back this time.

"Cane found me."