Who Wants To Go To The Zoo?

"I think we should go to the zoo today, Katie, how 'bout that?"

"I'd love to Brian, I've always loved zoos"

"Can I come to?"

"Ya, can't we tag along?"

"I don't know..."

"Course you guys can!"

I nodded as we walked down the street. Mick, Keith and Brian had just come down the shop to see if I wanted to go to the zoo, and seeing as I had a day off, I readily agreed.

Brian and I were holding hands as Mick and Keith walked up in front of us. "Hey Darlin' what's your favorite animal?" Brian turned towards me and smiled, squeezing my hand. "I like kangaroos"

I thought for a moment, "

and walruses"

I smiled and laughed, "it's not really what you'd expect now is it?"

"Walruses and kangaroos...Hm"

Brian nodded to himself as our conversation descended into silence.

We were walking along the side of the road closest to the Thames river, Mick and Keith had run up ahead and were throwing rocks in the water. If life could always be like this, I thought, there would never be any wars and the world could go on in peace.

Keith's POV:

Me and Mick raced along the sidewalk until we found a sharp incline that led to the banks of the Thames river.

Mick slid down first, going down with his legs in front of him. This reminded me so much of my childhood, me and Mick used to sort of know each other. He had gone to the same school as me when we were younger before getting moved across town. Before he'd moved though I'd sometimes see him walking about while I was riding my bike or whatever.

Mick had had striking features even as a kid, nice eyes, big lips, he only looked better as he got older. Me on the other hand, I think my features improved as I got older and now, being 20 years old, I think I actually looked pretty good. I'd met Mick again as I was going onto a train in Dartford.

It was 1960 and I was walking around the crowd when I caught sight of a Chuck Berry and a Muddy Waters record under one of the passengers arms. Walking up, I lightly tapped whoever it was on his shoulder. Mick had turned around then and I knew who it was immediately. "Michael!"

I'd exclaimed, Mick had liked to be called Michael back then-his name was Michael Philip Jagger. "Hello" he smiled as recognition dawned in his blue eyes,

"Keith right? Keith Richards"

we shook hands, and I checked out the records.

"It's nice to see you man, but where'd you get the records?"

After that we started hanging out and playing together with Dick Taylor, who knew Alexis Korner. Then we all went to the Ealing Club one night, where we first clapped eyes on Brian.

After that, Brian invited Mick to join a band he was forming, The Rollin' Stones. Mick had agreed on the term that I joined as well.

Coming out of my thoughts, I gathered a pile of rocks and started throwing them one by one.

Mick had gathered his own pile and was throwing them alongside me.

I threw another rock into the river, "how long does it take them to walk?"

I complained as Mick looked at me, arm poised mid-throw.

"They're in love" he replied simply,

"people in love do things that people who aren't in love will never understand"

he thought for a moment before adding, "unless they fall in love that is"

I chuckled and said, "well I guess I'll never understand that then"

"Do I confuse the master keef?"

Mick looked back at me and grinned cheekily.

"Oh, come on, lets go get the tickets while the two love birds enjoy their 'walk'"

I said while climbing back up the slope that had led us to the Thames. Mick climbed up after me and we raced to the zoo at the end of the street.

"4 tickets please"

Mick told the ticket holder. "

That will be 20 quid" that lady sure looked bored, but suddenly, she perked up.

"You're Mick Jagger, aren't you?"

She looked at Mick with big doe eyes, and he dropped the money he'd been counting. "C-can I have you autograph Mick?"

As soon as he stood up, she shoved a pen and a piece of paper at him, making him drop the money again. "Sure"

his cheeks colored and he looked down as he signed the little scrap of paper. I bent down to pick up the currency lying astray and rolled my eyes, what was going on?