Chapter 11

Sighing today was the day, as I neared the lodge I could feel myself reliving every moment of that dreadful day. I kept repeating the same question over and over, why them? They were the most caring and happiest people I've ever known and yet they were the ones who died that day.

"Y/n, hey you there?"

"Oh yeah sorry Sam, what's up?", Sam just stared at me with worry but didn't persist it. She just sighed and showed me her phone. She's the best to me she always checks up on me along with the others but every second she gets she's ringing up my phone and who could blame her. She was Hanna's best friend and I Beth's best friend.

"Josh sent us a video and I was wondering if you'd like to watch it"

"Sure why not", I knew that Josh had gone ahead saying he wanted everything to so smooth so he had to make sure everything still worked. He seemed a little to eager than I've seen him in a while. His parents made sure that I went and they even gave me an extra bottle of his medication just in case he forget.

"Well hello friends and fans.. Alright let's d that again.." I watched him readjust the camera and I got anxious there was something different about his eyes. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but there was something.. something off.

"Alright. Well hello friends and fans! It's beyond awesome to have you guys all back this year. First off I got to say I am super excited to welcome all my pals and my beautiful girlfriend back to the annual Blackwood winter getaway! So um... Let me just let you know, let's take a moment to address the 'elephant in the room' for a second... I know you're all probably worried about me, I know Y/n sure is, but I know its going to be tough on all of us going back after what happened last year..." After that I could listen anymore I knew that I was getting upset. I just need to relax before I see everyone, I know that no one would like to be sad today we just need to be in the presence of people who care. I look out the window hoping I get to see Josh soon, I didn't like leaving him alone, especially on that mountain.

Sam and I start getting off the bus but not before I say a quick thanks to the bus driver. We watch him drive away and start for the cable car, hopefully we meet up with some people on our way. We come across a huge iron gate, something seems to catch my eye on the gate, grabbing it I see that the note is from Chris which reads 'The gate's busted, climb over'.

"What? Damn it" Sam groans. I look around and see that the left side is clearer to climb over so I quickly tell her that I'll give her a bust and I'll climb over. Agreeing I interlock my finger while she places her right foot into my hands and I push her up. She successfully get over, I throw over my shoulder bag and start climbing, taking the fastest route I climb a bit then jump it and fling myself up and over. Landing on my ass I just yelp and start getting up while rubbing my ass. Sam just laughs and then comes over and asks if I'm alright, laughing lightly I nod and take my bag from her.

"So Y/n you sure you're ready for this?"

"Yes, it'll be good for me to be able to reconnect with everyone and get some closure", she just nods and puts an arms around me giving me a reassuring side hug. Sam see's a squirrel and bring out some nuts for it just standing still I watch as the squirrel eats out of her hand. She was always good with animals. A little while away was the cable cars, thank god I was freezing even though I had on two coats, brown boots, and a different scarf and beanie since I gave mine... since I gave mine to Hanna. We get closer and hear a buzzing come from a strange backpack, Sam goes and snoops,

"Sam I don't think that's wise"

"Ah ha look who it is", before I could tell her to put it back a guys voice says,

"Hey nosey" I turn around so fast I almost give myself whip lash.

"Chris for goodness sake don't do that!" I put my hand over my heart to let it calm down, he just smiles at me and give me a big bear hug. He lets go of me and looks at Sam