Chapter 1

Have you ever felt like there was much more to life than your day to day schedule?

For ten years Lila had spent each day enduring the pain and hate of her pack. She was blamed for the death of her mother, Luna. All of the little details from her death was nothing more than a distant memory, but for Lila, it was a constant reminder of her existence. Her father, the North Wood's Alpha, was never the same; not that she could remember any good memories of him. He had ensured that she would be punished and beaten, saying that she deserved everything. Losing a soulmate is a torturous living hell and a pack to lose a Luna is no better.

The women feared her father once they witnessed firsthand his true nature. On the other hand, the males were at a constant power struggle among themselves. Fights were a constant and daily issue in the pack. The one thing all of them had in common was an undying hate for her; the cause of all their suffering.

At the age of six, verbal abuse started to get worse. For years, pack members would talk behind her back. "Murder child" or "life-sucking leech" were some of the many colorful adjectives they chose. After one hears it for the next nine years of their life, you start to believe that it's true.

Lila winced as blood began trickling down an open wound on her leg. The small needle pierced the flesh as she tried to self stitch it closed. It wasn't as bad as the harsh punishments usually received, but it still hurt nonetheless. Each prick of the skin was a reminder of today's beating. She had burnt some food for the alpha and he was far from pleased as he slashed a knife across her skin; some deeper than others.

"Incompetent useless piece of trash. One simplest task and you couldn't even do that! You should have died instead of her"He had spat. She'd be lying if it didn't hurt. For the most part, Lila ignored the pack's harsh statements, but it takes a little piece each time they make such comments, leaving nothing but pain. When she wasn't feeling pain, it was either exhaustion or numbness that engulfed her.

Lila bit her tongue finishing the stitch. Blood continued to drip out, though it wasn't as bad as before. "It's going to take a while for this to heal."

With all the physical abuse done, her wolf was barely hanging on. Every now and then Lila would hear her whimper or whine, but for the most part she stayed quiet. She was completely alone. It only made things worse as her werewolf abilities had nearly diminished. She was as strong as a human child, at best.

"GET YOUR DUMB ASS OVER HERE NOW!!" He yelled, breaking her train of thought. His voice sent a cold shudder through her spine as the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. Her heart began to race as she took short breathes in fear of what was going to happen next.

Not wanting to get in trouble, Lila scurried as fast as she could, which was more of a wobble, up the stairs. A searing pain shot through her side leg, letting blood freely drip down her side. She barely had a second to respond as a fist smacked her down to the floor, leaving her right cheek burning.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! I AM SICK OF YOUR DISRESPECT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU!" He spat.

Lila dare not speak in fear of what he would say. All she did was lay on the floor clutching her cheek as she tried to steady my heart rate.

Suddenly, the door creaked open as Jeff, the Beta, came strolling in intoxicated just like the alpha. He had a wide grin on his face as he proceeded to kick her while her father looked on, obviously satisfied. All Lila could focus on was her heavy breathing as Jeff's foot collided with her stomach. It became overwhelming to the point Lila threw up blood on his shoe. This only irritated him more as the kicks became more violent.

It continued for what felt like hours as both men laughed. From what Lila could make out, she thought she could see them smiling as a third figure appeared behind them. With the tears and blood blurring her vision, she stopped questioning.

"Enough." The alpha spoke. "Leave us."

The door slammed shut, as her father stepped closer. All Lila could do was whimper softly and even that was a struggle. Her breathing was shallow and every inhale seemed to become fainter as time passed. He held a long thin dagger in his hands. He pushed it hard onto her arm as a burning sensation overwhelmed her. Silver. Silver was a lethal poison to werewolves. In small amounts, it could leave an infection or ill-like symptoms for a few days to a healthy werewolf.

Unfortunately, Lila was far from healthy which meant it was that more fatal. The pain became almost unbearable to the point where she could barely see anything out of her blurry vision. Lila kept gasping for air, yet it barely made it to her lungs. It felt like they were on fire. She struggled to inhale air.

He sliced nearly every part of her body until there wasn't a spot not coated in blood. Lila could feel herself getting weaker and weaker. She was losing a hopeless battle.

"I'm here and have the stuff." A familiar voice spoke, yet she was too far gone she couldn't place it.

"Good. Give it here."

"I get as long as I want." He demanded.

"You can have whatever you want. This will be the last."

"Delicious. I see you have prepared her for me."

Before he left, he bent down and whispered in her ear. "You are worthless, a disgrace to all werewolves. Go burn in hell." He spat before leaving.

"Bon appetite." The alpha said.

The silver was traveling up her body at a fast rate and there wasn't much time. Her eyelids were heavy and all she wanted to do was sleep. The last thing Lila remembered was a tall figure standing above her.

Soon after she welcomed the darkness....

It's finally over.