43: F***ed Up

(There's a picture of Mariah & Nick in the media from 2012 or 2013. I really have a bad habit of writing too much so the day may be split into parts if necessary. Enjoy as always p.s. I still can't thank you guys enough for 1.2K & over 100 votes plus all the good feedback! Anyways bye! Elise X)

*Saturday 25th June 2015, 6am*

I woke up to the sun nearly blinding my eyes through the small gaps of the curtains. Just as I checked the time at the alarm clock, I remembered today was the first night of my residency. Nick had went after we...well you know but anyways! I can't let that happen again.

Note to self: call the divorce lawyer ASAP.

I put on my robe and went downstairs to make myself breakfast. I left the twins to sleep for a little while more. It was going to be a long day today so they needed it. I prepared myself some toast with butter and started boiling the kettle. After I finished eating, I decided to get the phone call out of the way. I couldn't afford to waste time today.

I got my phone out and dialled my divorce lawyer, Lauren's number. She's one of the best celebrity divorce lawyers in the world and I really just want this to be over. The ringtone stopped.

"Hello?"
"Good Morning Mariah, how can I help you?" Lauren asked.
"Morning to you too Lauren. But...um...there's been a bit of a problem I've had to do with Nick." I said nervously.
"Oh...what happened?"

I gulped. I took a deep breath and just said it.

"Well...I know I shouldn't of but when he came around to drop off the kids we kinda had sex-"

"What?!" Lauren's voice rose in shock, "Did you want to?"
"Not initially no." I looked down at myself, "You see I haven't been aroused like that since James months ago and when I found out he didn't love me, I broke apart. I c-can't believe myself. Why would I do this?!" I burst out crying.
"Mariah, please don't panic. The most important question I should ask now is: Did Nick use protection?"
"Yes. Yes he did. I made sure he did." I answered.
"Thank god for that. Has he been trying to make a move on you for some time or just last night?"

I thought carefully before answering the question.

I guess he's been doing it since we separated.

Too damn right. Look what you got yourself into.

Can you leave me alone?

Sorry sis but you can't just get away with this s***. I was trying to protect you and did you listen? Nooo! And you wonder why I like to ruin your life better than help you!

Fine I'm sorry. I must've been pretty f***ed up to give in.

You were alright. Now, I'll give you one bit of advice and you better listen this time!

Okay, I will. Go on.

Never see that man again. Never speak to him, never call him, never even read about him in the papers. You need to let go.

What if the kids wanna see him?

I'm sure they can sort that out I'm not your freakin' guidance counsellor. Now you better answer that question Mariah. I'm still gonna punish you later though.

Okay...I guess I deserve it this time. See you later.

"Um Lauren, are you still there?" I asked.
"Yep. Still waiting for that answer. Has Nick been like this for a while now? Because I know how needy that boy gets." Lauren repeated.
"Yeah...he's been trying to get back with me ever since the night I found out he was cheating." I admitted.
"Can I ask...what did you do after you found out?"