My Lucky Day

"We should go to the movies tomorrow. It's Saturday and you're not babysitting, so it'd be perfect!" Alya announced wholeheartedly as the two wandered off to lunch. The child that Marinette usually took care of had gotten sick, and to rid the girl of the job, someone else took it up. After all, teenagers needed time to do teenage things as well, like going to the movies. The only genre of movies that Marinette didn't enjoy, though, were horror films.
"Well, what better things do I have to do? It'll be fun!" The female chirped as she thought about any leftover work from her classes. Wanting to enjoy her weekend, Marinette made sure do pay attention and finish any homework she was assigned in class. Even with the job of Ladybug, akuma didn't necessarily pop up everyday; it was more of a once a week kind of pattern. Even so, if duty called inside the theaters, then so be it; Ladybug would save the day.
As the female duo sat at their table, another couple of the opposite sex approached them, having something to say. "Would two more be alright for tomorrow? Adrien's dad is being difficult again and this dude needs some chill time with some friends. We in?" Nino exclaimed ever so smoothly, as he slid into a seat next to Alya and Adrien next to Marinette. Both feminine hearts thumped a little faster at their sudden closeness. Marinette's face was a shy mess with Alya's being more straightforward and excited more then anything. Nino simply grinned at the two while Adrien tried to push the thought of his father out of his head. "Awesome! We'd love to have you guys. The more the merrier, right?" The teenager complied, sneaking a sly grin over to Marinette who only poked at her food in silence. "What movie is it, though?" The blonde's voice questioned with curiosity. "But of course, it's a surprise!"

After the rest of the school day flew by, Marinette softly stepped inside her bedroom, lightly throwing her backpack off to the side as she sat upon her bed. For the past two weeks, not much as happened with the job of being a normal teenager and Ladybug combined. Akuma have been fairly low and school was more simple than usual; until today, that is. Marinette plastered a goofy grin across her lips, too overjoyed and excited for words. Adrien was coming with the girls tomorrow, almost as if it was...
A date.

"Alya! You've no idea how much I love you!" The girl exclaimed over the phone, legs kicking the edge of her bed in anticipation. "Thank goodness Nino came over and asked though, right? Tomorrow's gonna be a blast! Oh, but Marinette? You should wear something nice for it! You know, impress Adrien?" Alya brought up the idea, causing Marinette's current mood to change into a nervous wreck. 'Impressing Adrien?! That's impossible! What if he thinks I'd be trying too hard? Or that it's not cute?' Her mind wandered off into a flood of negative thoughts about how bad things could turn out. "Alright, I know what you're thinking, but don't panic! I'll dress up too. That way, we both look presentable." The voice compromised. Marinette had calmed by the idea of it. Besides, the boys might look different too! This was a one in a lifetime chance for her to win his heart; she should be positive! "Would you really? Do you know you're the best?" "Of course I do."

By the next day, the girls prettied themselves up and stood outside the theatre, looking out for the others. Arriving minutes earlier, the two had time to converse about the many possibilities of their day.
Marinette wore a pair of mint-tinted shorts with white polkadots, a pink hue belt wrapped around it. A white top hung loosely over her right shoulder, under it a pink tank top complimenting the belt. She then wore white pumps with tiny pink bows attached at the front. White shades hung atop her head and her hair was in its usual style, except tiny curls decorated the tips. Overall, Marinette felt more girly and embarrassed about the outfit more then anything.
Alya wore ripped jeans with some snazzy red converse. A black muscle shirt draped over her with the words "Don't kill my Vibe," imprinted upon it in white letters. Her usual lenses were upon her face, but a red headband with a little white bow on the left side was placed upon her head. Ombré'd curls transformed into a right braid then draped down to her stomach. Instead of their usual school look, most teenagers dressed up for days like this, so the two went all out (with Alya deciding the outfits more than Marinette, despite her wanting to be a designer).