Chapter Two

Harry opened the door to his bakery, to see his employee, Liam, setting up for the day.

"Hey," Liam said, with a smile, while placing baked goods into the display case. "You're late today."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Just be glad, I gave you a key, or you'd be sitting outside to freeze." Liam laughed, as Harry made his way behind the counter. "You know that housekeeping job I was telling you about?"

Liam groaned. "Oh, trust me, you don't have to tell me anything. Your husband called me up at three in the morning asking me to go pick him up and if he could stay at my place for the night. He complained about the whole thing, 'til he finally passed out."

Despite being a tad upset, Harry couldn't help, but chuckle at Zayn's stubbornness. Zayn and Liam had been friends since grade school, and that was the only reason Harry was so trustworthy and allowed Liam the position.

"Was he still mad this morning?" Harry asked, concerned.

Liam shrugged. "Not as much towards you. I think he was more pissed at the fact that he had a wicked hangover, and Sophia didn't want him lounging around our apartment all day. I dropped him off at the university, before coming here. He asked me, if you would pick him up afterwards, 'cause his phone died."

Harry let a smile grow on his lips. He knew Zayn would get over the whole incident, but would still act as if he was holding a grudge. Maybe during his lunch break, Harry could pick him up and take him out somewhere.

"Speaking of which, tell me about this guy," Liam said, snapping Harry out of his thoughts on deciding which restaurant to go to.

Harry shrugged. "There's not much to say. He's young, nineteen. He grew up in foster homes, got his life together; very sweet kid. The reason I was late, was because I was showing him around the house, and helping him get situated. The problem is though, he doesn't speak."

"What do you mean?"

"He's mute. He carries around this white board so he can talk to people."

Liam raised his eyebrows. "Are you kidding me? You hired a mute, nineteen year old orphan? Oh man, Zayn is going to love this." Liam couldn't help, but burst into laughter over the thought of Zayn's reaction when he finds out.

Harry shot the man a look. "It's not funny. Look, I know he's going to be pissed, but Liam, seriously, you have to meet this guy. There's something about him. He looks like, I don't know how to put it; like a fawn. A baby deer."

Liam tried to keep a straight face, but failed miserably. "So you hired Bambi to take care of your house?"

Harry sighed, before gently punching Liam in the arm. "Whatever, just get to work."

Liam smirked. "Sir, yes Sir."

---

Louis bit down on his lower lip harshly, as he glided his fingers down on the framed picture he was holding. He was halfway through with unpacking and was just about to begin his assigned duties, when he noticed the picture hanging on the wall.

It was a beautiful picture of his king. He looked a few years younger, with shorter hair that showed more of his curls, than it recently did. He was standing outside of a small yellow store, which Louis assumed was the shop that his king had told him about earlier. Louis closed his eyes for a split second, as he remembered the last time he saw his king, which was only an hour or so ago.

The way his hips swayed, as he walked and how he touch Louis's forearm, he could still feel the warmth of it. He was even kind enough to tell Louis that his actual work day didn't even have to start until a few days later, just so Louis could get situated and comfortable. But Louis wanted to get to work right away. He wanted to please his king; he would do anything for him. People would probably say Louis was falling too fast, but they were wrong. He knew there was a connection between the two of them. The second he laid his eyes on the green eyed beauty, he saw the love. He saw the countless days and the everlasting nights. Louis saw their future and there was nothing, but happiness in it. They would be happy together.