Chapter Six: Secrets

Dedicated to horsegirl469 for first vote and comment. Again, it's super short, but I love it. There's some real Solangelo actions up soon, so be ready!

Will gasped in horror. Nico had his hood up, but that couldn't conceal the split lip and the bruised eye.

"What the heck did you do to yourself?" Will hisses, slowing down so Nico could catch up to him.

"I punched one of Octavian's cronies and apparently he punches back." Nico touched one of the bruises on his cheek and grimaced.

Will's eyes almost bugged out of his head. "You did what?"

"Are you deaf?" Nico demanded. "And why do you even care?"

"I don't even know your last name!" Will said. "But as a doctor, it's my job to take care of those in pain."

"You're gonna be in pain real soon," Nico growled. "And you're not a doctor."

The comment stung Will. "Not yet. What even is your last name?"

"I don't use it," Nico said. "Too many connections."

Too many connections. Bianca. Italian. All the words from a famous story floated around in Will's head. Then, he knew the answer.

"You're Bianca di Angelo's little brother!" Will blurted. "That story about the shooting of an Italian girl. It talked about her brother. You're Nico di Angelo!"

"And," Nico said bitterly. "Where else is the name di Angelo from?"

"È morta," Will whispered after a moment. "That kid whose mom was murdered and he found the body and ran away screaming È morta. That was you?"

"That's where the ever-popular nickname is from." Nico cast his eyes down. They had reached the split in the halls where Nico would go to English and Will to Biology. "Later, Will."

Will didn't see him again for two months.