Flying to L.A

Rydel's POV

"Alright. Now push her your partner forward just a little bit and then girl's spin-"

"Can we have a break Rydel? We've been doing this for hours now?" Darcy, one of the students at 'The Rage' complained.

"No. We'll have a break when you get this right Darcy." I smiled with a bit of a stern tone. I wasn't in the mood. Well, I love dance, it's my passion. So it music. I've just been really nervous. A group of ten of us will be travelling to Australia and we will be dancing with one of the greatest dance companies they have to offer. It's for an exchange. I really hope I get. If I get in, then a girl from Australia will be coming to Los Angeles and I'll be going to Australia with her. She'll stay at my house-with my family. I put in my application form in last week. She will be here for 30 days. I get to show her the sights, I get to be her tour guide around Los Angeles.

"Miss Lynch. Can I speak to you?" my dance teacher asked walking into the studio.

"Of course." I smiled and then turned back to the class. "Guys, ten minute break."

"About time." Darcy grinned and ran straight to get her drink bottle. I walked into the corridor and shut the door.

"Rydel. I have good news. You were one of the chosen ten to travel to Australia." She told me. I squealed.

"Ohmygod! Thank you! Thank you. Thank you!" I cheered hugging her.

"Rydel." My teacher laughed. "This is a profile on your chosen exchange buddy-penpal if you will." The teacher said passing me the binder.

"Oh cool." I smiled.

"Her name is Paisley Michaels." My teacher said. "She is from Melbourne. Although she has been accepted into a dancing academy in Sydney."

"So..." I trailed off. "She's pretty good?" I questioned.

"Very good. Rydel. You have a lot to read. This whole binder is full of her achievements. From of the dancers only have a couple of pages. This is one decent resume. Don't be fooled. She's quite young."

"I'm twenty miss."

"That's true Rydel. She's seventeen." My teacher said. We may as well just hire this girl seeing she is amazing. I think my teacher is more impressed with her than any of the girls at Rage. I smiled a goodbye and went back inside the class room and gathered all the students round for a final run through.

Paisley's POV

Okay, shoes. Where are my shoes? Oh there they are. I pulled my shoes out of my closet and placed them in my bag.

"Paisley. Be careful. I think you should-"

"Mum. I can pack my own bag." I told her calmly and gestured her to leave me alone. I've never been on a holiday before, so Mum wrote me down a list of everything I need to pack. I grabbed my ballet shoes, my jazz and tap shoes and some canvas shoes to dance in whilst I'm in America. I'm pretty nervous to say the least. Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to a different country on my own. There are a couple of other dancers coming with me but they'll be going to other families. There's Sasha, Eliana and Stella (who are twins), Bridget, Rubie, Bailey, Kennedy, Sadie and Callie. Ten of us. I'm not too fond of the other girls coming with me on this trip. They're all perfect. I was told that Bridget could do a perfect pirouette at the age of three-I could hardly stand on one foot without using a balancing beam. I struggled, not going to lie. I was a slow learner. Practising hours upon hours each week. I zipped up my suitcase and moved onto my carryon bag. Am I going to regret this trip? Wait let me rephrase that. Will the other girls I'm going with make this a trip I want to forget? Probably. I placed my precious laptop in my bag and a water bottle and some gum in the bag. I added in my makeup and other essentials. The girl's house which I'm staying at could have really attractive brothers-who knows? I leave tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous. I should probably get a good night's sleep before my flight at five am in the morning.