Opera

"But Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaph!!!!!!"

"No Tav. No buts. You all need culture!!!!!" Saph replied forcefully.

"I AM PERFECTLY WELL CULTURED I KNOW SIXTEEN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!"

"There is a difference between knowing a language and knowing the culture that goes with the language! You are all going and that's final!"

~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~
"Saph." Tav poked Saph's cheek. "Saph. Hey Saph. Saph. Yo Saph. Saph. Hey Saph. Saph. Saph." Tav took a deep breath. "SaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaphSaph" Tav poked Saph's face again. Saph turned to him sassily.

"What!" Saph demanded.

"Hey." Tav replied. Saph rolled his eyes and turned back to the opera singer.

Tav didn't wait long to start again, making me chuckle softly. Somehow Saph heard me.

"Ace Diamond I wdon't want to hear a peep out of you this entire performance you understand?" He snapped.

"Yes sir." I replied.

"Good. Now watch. Hopefully you can retain a small bit of culture." Saph turned back towards the front, completely ignoring Tav, who had yet to stop trying to get Saph's attention.

"Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaph" Tav pleaded. "Pay attention to me, I'm borrrrred."

"No Tav, you need culture, you can pay attention." Saph replied. Tav huffed and sank back into his seat. It wasn't long until he leaned towards me.

"Hey Sparky, we should leave." He whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes.

"Saph is sitting right next to you." I whispered back.

"So?" He questioned.

"So he's gonna see us right away if we leave." I replied.

"You think I'm that much of a dumbass? Don't answer that. I've thought about it stupid. We tell him we gotta use the bathroom and then we don't come back until it's almost over. If Saph asks what took us so long I'll tell him you got sick and I was being a good friend." I laughed at that, the idea of Tav staying with someone other Avidita while they're puking is hilarious.

"You can go by yourself but I'm not coming." I whispered into his ear. Tav pouted.

"Why the hell not? Don't tell me you actually like this music?"

"Hell no, but it's not worth chilling in a cramped bathroom for an hour to get out of listening to Saph's music." I reply, and turn back to the front. Tav, once again, huffed and sank into his seat.

I felt more than heard my stomach rumble in the middle of the show. "I could really go for an ice cream cone." I muttered to myself. Of course, Tav, having nothing better to do, heard me and instantly latched onto the idea of ice cream.

Tav poked Saph repeatedly, pausing to say his name inbetween pokes. "Saph. Saph. Saph. Hey Saph. Saph. Saph. Yo Saph."

Finally Saph turned towards Tav, who wasn't expecting it and ended up poking him in the nose.

"What." Saph demanded.

"We should get some ice cream. I could really go for an ice cream cone. Like I'm having a man craving for a ice cream." Tav replied. Man craving? Does Tav have something he wants to tell us?

"No. We're watching an opera show. You can have ice cream afterwards." Saph turned back towards the stage, but Tav didn't follow suit.

"Saph. Saph. Saph. Saph. Saph. Hey Saph. Saph. Saph. Saph. Hey Saph. Saph. Yo Saph. Saph. Saph." Tav continued the poking.

"What do you want now?"

"I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally want an ice cream. We should go get ice cream." Tav replied. Saph rolled his eyes, but pulled out some money and handed it to Tav.

"Okay fine, but take Ace with you and I expect change!" Saph called after Tav's retreating back.

I followed Tav, laughing and shaking my head.

~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This ice cream is really good." I commented.

"Yeah, it's a good thing you pay to come back as much as you want. I'm on my fourth and I think I'm gonna have another." Tav replied, making me laugh so hard I snorted.