6.

I looked at him like he was crazy. He said he was going to go to my things. I had stood up and started pacing. He couldn't, James would ask questions. James didn't know I had worked with a man. James would be furious. He would kill me.

"No you can't! James doesn't know I work for a man". Mr. Gilin- I mean Jack scoffed. He rolled his eyes and put his reading glasses on and sat back in his seat.

"James can't know, he would kill me, he loves me too much to let me go".

He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "James this, James that. Do you think for yourself, do you think about your feelings?"

I rolled my eyes, of course I thought for myself, but I felt selfish if James wasn't my number one priority. He found me when I had no one. He showed me what it was like to be in love.

"Leilani, answer my question". His voice held authority like James. Jack was more attractive than James but he's dark and more mysterious. I tried to look anywhere but his eyes. They made me want to tell the truth, they were so determined. I sighed and finally looked at him. My eyes bugged out. Everything about him was so defined.

I cleared my throat and found something else to look at. "Wife?" I said looking at his picture frame on his book shelf near his door.

"Sister, stop trying to change the subject". I nodded and looked at my watch.

"Ok look I sometimes think about myself but that's selfish. Are we going to leave anytime soon because I'm hungry and tired and my feet hurt". He looked at his watch and cursed and started packing up his things.

"Get your stuff together and wait outside the door for me". I nodded and went to my desk to gather my things.

"You know what's so distinct about you?" I mumbled a hm at him trying again to not look at him.

"You follow all orders without any discussion, that is such a good thing but also it is very very bad trait". My heart sank because it's true and there's nothing I can do about it.