PART TWO

They're in Topanga's and Lucas sits on the red cushion seat with Riley to his right. Just like always. A few months have passed since he met her at Old Mrs Henderson's and they're friends again. They chat and they're comfortable with each other. Soon enough, Riley lays on his lap and her finger traces his features.

He remembers when she brought him in here after they left Mrs Henderson's house. She admits that she missed him and he apologises for his irrational behaviour that day. She confirms his suspicions, and informs him she's been dating Charlie. Jealousy overwhelms his insides as he struggles to continue the conversation.

She tells him about her life the past six years and he listens intently, her beauty captivating him once again, like it did fifteen years ago, when she fell on his lap on the subway. Her wavy hair frames her face and the minimal make up she applied, her angelic voice and sunshiny demeanour has him wrapped around her finger and she doesn't even know it.

They exchanged numbers and left separately. He finally realised that he's not over Riley Matthews and probably never will be. But she is.

And it breaks his heart into a million pieces to know that.

_________________
'Cause I wished you the best of
All this world could give
And I told you when you left me
There's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back, tell me all you found was heartbreak and misery
It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me
_________________

She skips happily into Topanga's with Maya by her side as they meet up with the three boys. She can't wait to share her news.

She breaks into a wide grin as she stretches out her hand to show off the new accessory on her hand. A sparkly princess cut diamond ring rested on her finger. Lucas's heart dropped and it felt like his entire world died.

"Charlie proposed!" she exclaims excitedly and congratulations come falling out of her friends mouths, they don't sound too happy though. They never really liked Charlie anyways. Plus, they knew that Lucas was hurting.

Zay and Farkle give her a warm hug and when she turns to receive Lucas's, all he can do is shake her hand and offer a small smile before sitting back down. In attempts to hide his tears, he holds the coffee cup to his face, making it seem like he's drinking the black liquid, when really, he's drowning.

Farkle pats him on the back knowingly. After all, he is the genius of the group. He makes up some excuse for Lucas and him to leave first, Zay tags along as well. Its always been the three of them anyways.

Riley can't figure out why no one seemed happy for her. Did she make the wrong choice? Was Charlie the one for her? Maya rubs her shoulders gently. She's going to have to figure this one out on her own.

The boys reach Farkle's loft and they switch on the television and plan to have a fun sports marathon, hoping to cheer the sportsman up. He's always loved sports but he loves Riley more and he can't help but let the tears stream down his face.

_________________
As I sink in the sand
Watch you slip through my hands
Oh, as I die here another day
Cause all I do is cry behind this smile
_________________

They convince Lucas to tell Riley his true feelings before its too late and she's a married woman.

But he refuses, he's held Riley back once, he isn't going to risk her happiness again. The wedding invitations were sent and Lucas decides to go, despite the fact that he knows he's going to break down when he sees the woman of his dreams getting married to another man.

"I'm her best friend. I have to support her." he fights back when Maya comes over with Farkle. She swings her hand across his face, leaving a red hand print on his cheek and Farkle holds her back before more damage is done.

"I'm her best friend. You aren't. You know very well what you are to her." she screams before slamming the door of his apartment. Farkle follows behind her but before he leaves, he gives one more piece of advice to Lucas.

"Charlie isn't a good person, Lucas. Save our ray of sunshine, will you?"

_________________
I wished you the best of
All this world could give
And I told you when you left me
There's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back, tell me all you found was
Heartbreak and misery
It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me
_________________

He stuffs his mouth with the delicacies and fruit and Maya shoots him a glare. She straightens his suit and tie before whispering, "You're the only person I'll accept Riley to marry. Charlie isn't even on the list. This is your last chance. Do something."

He doesn't. And instead sits down on a swing, staring into the distance listlessly. Auggie walks over to Lucas and he's matured into adult since the last he saw him. "Are you just going to let my sister marry off right in front of your eyes?"

He does not reply.

"You promised not to hurt my sister. You broke it once, I hope you don't do again or I'll never forgive you." he says with finality in his tone and he walks off.

But what could Lucas do? He was already too late.

The wedding reception starts and Lucas sits down on the second row of the lined seats with Zay and Farkle on his right and left respectively.

Music begins to play and soon enough, Cory leads his daughter out from the end of the room. He sighs in disbelief when Riley walks out in her wedding dress. She's gorgeous and she's got him starstruck. Zay leans into his ear and says "You got it bad bruh."

Riley's standing next to her husband-to-be now at the altar and the preacher says their vows. Lucas zones out until the very sentence hits his ears.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace."

His hand twitches and he stands up, earning loud gasps and murmurs from all the guests. "I object." he says confidently, ignoring all the people who are staring at him.

He strides up to the altar, grabs Riley's hand and runs out of the room with her. He could faintly hear his three best friends yelling, "Lucas and Riley!" A smile creeps onto his face and he is fuelled with conviction when he feels Riley grab onto his hand tightly.

_________________
It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me
_________________
END OF PART TWO