•chapter one•

A dash of footsteps can be heard from the alley way, a man was running tiredly, until he can escape from his prey. He was hiding beside a trash bin, breathing heavily. He check the corner beside him looking around to make sure that no one caught him. He lean back and to his mistake the prey was already beside him. He shout and start to run again but tripped, his shout's give alarm to an Investigator nearby. The one eye hunter, his prey, move her kagune to stab him rapidly.

"Ah, i was late one steps" she said, after hearing a footsteps come closer to the scene. "Long time no see...Hairu Ihe" she said while turn around only to see the investigator.

"Never mind, Good bye..." She said as she run at me, and her case form to a quinque. The ghoul dodge her attack just in the right time, as she was about to slash me her in the stomach, the ghouls grab her hands and swirl it around, the investigator click her tongue in pain and her grip at the quinque loosen.

"You're weak" the ghoul said then steal her quinque and climb up to the roof to escape.

*************
*Rei P.O.V*

"We have founded a man corspe in the alley way, but just leaving a head and a legs. based on Special Class Investigator Mahiru Ihe, the suspect was the one eye hunter and she eat the man mercilessly"
I was glaring at the large screen at the city, then start to walk again to my university, Kamii. Yes, i'm a students there, a first semester that took Japanese literature. in the first place, I didn't want to come to college...it's tiresome, but in the end i decide to come, late. The professors was a bit against this but she was okay with that, if i understand all of her lectures, and because i'm the smartest. I open the door of the class, the professors greet me with a smile and nodded, I give her a little smile and a single nod. Then walk to the back of the seats in the corner, i look at the board boredly as she lectures us, writing something important. Until i feel someone staring at me, i look to the source, only to see a black haired boy, which is same year as me. He look away with a blush then to the board, i shrug then look at the board too.

*************
"Tadaima..." I said more like a whisper, closing the door behind me. Touka was glaring at me, she was waiting for me to go back here...?

"It was you right!?" She said, she must be talking about the news. I cross my arms while look away.

"If it was me... What will you do?" I ask, and she grit her teeth, ready to punch me. "Indeed it was me, but i didn't eat the man, I just killed him"

"But in the end you killed him!" She shout, and i glare at her. Taking a step toward her, until i was in front of her. I put my right hands at her shoulder. "W-what a-" with great force i push her down to her knees, and her body was shaking.

"Rei-chan, that's enough!" Irimi-san command, walking in the scene and knell beside Touka. I sigh then walk past them, and stop to look back.

"Say, Touka... a man humiliated a girl, and in coincidences you walk past the alley way where they was. What will you do? Will you just stand there to watch or killed the man?" I wait there for the answer but she just kneel there. I continue to walk upstairs to my room, as i was in my room, i close the doors and lock it. I turn on the light in my rooms. My rooms is simple, a bed, a night stand beside it, a computer with wide screen, a closet with mirror on it, a shelf and a novels in it, a rug as well as a coffee table above it. There's a patio that connect from my bedroom and bathroom. And beside my apartment was Touka's. I put my bag at my desk, then i lay on my bed, i look beside my bed to see Mahiru quinque, a thin sword that can easily slash a head.

'I should stop acting like a hero...'
______________________________________________

*KANEKI P.O.V*
I walk outside my apartment, today i'm going to meet Rize-san, the day i've been waiting for. I walk to the meeting place, a coffee shop. I walk inside and see Rize-san sit near the window. I reach her, and she noticed me, she smiled.

"How's your day, Kaneki-kun?" She ask with a smile, and I smile too as i sit.

"It's fine, what are you reading, Rize-san?" I ask.

"It's the black goat eggs mc'guffin" she said then smile beautifully. She's really beautiful, elegant, and kind women. She's pretty and i could say she was perfect, she caught me staring at her and smile.
"What's wrong Kaneki-kun?" She ask, and i could she her chest. I blush and quickly look away.

"I..it's nothing!" I shuttered, playing with my fingers. She chuckled at my reaction.
###################
it's getting dark, me and Rize-san has a lot of fun. And now, i'm going to walk her home.
"This is the shortcut right, Rize-san?" I ask, and she nodded, then she started to looking at the ground with scared look.

"But... I heard there's a binge eater in here, I..i'm scared" she said

"I...it's okay! I-i-i'm here to protect you!" I said, while blush a bit. She suddenly smirk and hug me, I blush harder, didn't know what to do.

"That's a relieve....because.." She said then breath on my neck. "I'm one of them!!!" Suddenly i felt pain on my shoulder, it's really hurt... And there's a warm sensation, blood... I back off and fell on he ground. She lick the blood near her mouth while giggling.

"A..aa-akhhhh!!!" A tears fall from my eyes, i run to a construction area while shout in fear.

"Ahahaha... Run as fast as you can" she stab me right on the stomach, and i cough in blood. I fell then look at her, she was heading toward me with a smirk.

I don't want to die!! I don't want to die!! I don't want to die!!
.
.
#a weeks later#

*Rei P.O.V*
"A man left seriously injured, while a woman founded crushed by a pole..." I mumble scrolling through the website, i've been searching for this information like a weeks, and the Kamii hospital website has a deep information on it. It said that the man have an organ transplants from the woman, the famous Binge Eater, which is no others than Rize Kamishiro. It must be meant that the man would be half Ghoul and half Humans. "If that ever possible..."

A knock can be heard from my apartment door, i stand up then walk to open the door, only to see Touka. "What is it?" I ask, and close the door half, so she can't see inside my room.

"I just want to say there's a new guy" she said then turn to the stair. "You should meet him, like the first time i meet you"

"I will be there in a minutes" I said, she nodded then turn around to walk downstairs. "Sorry for yesterday" I said then close the door. I wear a light brown sweater, dark blue jeans, and a sneaker. I bun my hair then lock my door and walk downstairs.

"Ah, there she is..." Irimi-san said then look at me, as well as the new guy or the victim of Rize-san accident, Kaneki Ken.

"Rei-san!?" Kaneki surprised to look at me, and i just nodded with a single wave.

"sashiburidame" I greet him then sit next to him, I look at his right eyes that covered by an eye patch. "Kaneki... Or should i say classmate"

"Oh you have known each other already?" Irimi-san ask, and i nodded once again.

"He's taking the same department as me" I said then stand up. "But, I've never talk to him" I said as i turn around and walk outside through the staff door.

"Be careful in the way" that's all i heard, after closing the door. My phone rings, and i receive a message from Yomo-san. 'Near the station as usual' i put my phone back at my jean pockets, then walk to the train station, waiting there until Yomo-san car stop near me.  'Time to hunt some meat'