Chapter 2

Rules of the Contract

I stared at the two people in the room with my mouth open. "W-what?!" I finally managed to say after hear the new information, "Wife? Are you kidding me?"

Kyle frowned. "Yes, I was only kidding," he stated sarcastically while rolling his gorgeous eyes. "I'm a busy man, woman. I don't have time to be playing around with a woman like you."

I glared at him, "Stopping calling me that."

"What?" he asked glaring back.

"Stop calling me woman."

“Why? Are you not a woman?"

"Of course I'm a woman but I have a name you know."

"I can't believe this," he mumbled under his breath rolling his eyes, "I don't have time for this."

"I don't have time to waste time on an ass like you, either" I retorted emphasizing on ass. Who the hell would want to marry you?!

"Good! I wasn't going to hired you anyway!" he screamed.

And with that I left that room with everything I came with, myself and my pride. Still heated from the argument I stormed down the hallway towards the elevator.

Wife? Ha! I bet he just didn't want hookers to roam around his stupid company that's why he wanted to hired someone to be his "wife" just to give him pleasure. Stupid, disgusting, horny, bastard! I should have socked him first before leaving!

The elevator doors opened and I pressed on the first floor button when I stepped inside I heard someone shouting "Wait!" I glanced downed the halls to see Peter running towards me with a frowning Kyle casually walking behind him. Quickly I jabbed the closed button before repeatedly jabbing the first floor button. Just when the elevator's door was about to close Peter, he extended his arm grabbing the side of the elevator's door and it reopened again. He stood in between the doors so that the doors will keep closing and open on him, making sure I go nowhere.

"Wait," he said again, except this time he was out of breath. I looked at his eyes, pleading for me to stay and listen. I'll admit, he looked so cute I just wanted to hug him but I glanced back at the stupid, handsome ass behind him who was still frowning reminded me why I was leaving in the first place.

I took a deep breath, " I'm sorry, Mr. Scott. But this job isn't for me."

"I know what you're thinking but this isn't as bad as you think. Let me explain," he said.

I shook my head. The reason I left home was that so I didn't have to marry this one guy my parents forced me to marry. Taking this job would be the same. I didn't want to marry anyone I didn't love and this Kyle was most definitely far from that.

"If she wants to leave, let her. I can't hire someone to be my wife if she's not pretty," Kyle replied finally in front of me again.

I scoffed and gave Peter a you-see-what-I-mean look. "I can't work for this man," I told Peter pointing at the frowning man, "And I most definitely won't marry a man who's so shallow and only judge people base on appearances."

This time he scoffed, "Listen woman I don't - oomph"

"Please come back to the office, I'll explain everything," Peter cut Kyle off by jabbing him on the rib.

We all went back and sat down on Kyle's chairs. "You see," Peter started, "You're not going to be his real wife, just a pretend one. The thing is Kyle's parents want him to settle down, but he doesn't want to so that's where you come in. Kyle can't marry if he got a wife already."