Chapter 3

Adam was making breakfast when he heard a knock in his door. Coming to open it he found Christina standing on his porch. She was smiling and it seemed part of her was feeling happy. This sight, her rose lips curled up in wonderful smile, warmed his heart instantly.

“Hey. What are you doing here so early?” Adam asked letting her in.

“Well, I could come to you at 2am but I thought it would be better to wait till the morning” Christina smiled lightly.

“What happened?” Adam asked curiously. Coming from Christina’s mood he knew it was something good. And knowing her state he knew it was truly great.

“You” Christina said sweetly still keeping a smiled on her face.

“Me?” Adam asked surprised. ‘At 2 am?” Adam chuckled making Christina follow his laughter.

“I mean your words” Christina fixed herself.

“And what about my words?”

Christina tried to form the right way of saying it as she just simply said. “I need your help”

“Ok” Adam said trying to follow her thoughts as she passed him giving him a sign to follow her. Adam moved back to his old house so she knew the place perfectly. She headed to the room where the piano was situated.

“Play for me please” she said. Her smile disappeared as her face now was serious.

Adam agreed. He sat to the piano ready to play for her. “Which song?”

“Just follow my voice” she smiled slightly as she took her notebook out of her purse. Of course she knew the lyrics but she felt more comfortable with seeing the words in front of her.

Slowly she started singing “You’re too far away from my side. But never leave inside of my heart” Before this moment these words were just on the paper and now they were getting into life. And it was harder for her than she expected. But she continued singing trying not to get into tears. With each words she was cracking more and more but she was continuing singing trying not to break “…Those little arms go round my neck. That tiny smile on your wonderful face” Refrain was the hardest thing for her as it embraced happy memories of Max. And every time Christina was remembering them her heart was sinking deep as tears started covering her eyes. It was getting impossible to sing “Your heart beat in sync with mine. But yours on the sky….” She broke on the middle of line as tears rolled down her face.Instantly Adam stopped playing taking Christina in his embrace.

Being completely distracted, too concentrated in the song, she didn’t notice that she made Adam teary too. He squeezed her tight in his embrace trying to show all possible support. He knew she needed it now, especially with this song. She let salt water come from her eyes for a couple of minutes when she finally got to calm herself down.

“This is harder than I thought” Christina sighed as she finally could talk.

“I understand” Adam said letting Christina go and sitting back to the piano. “Continue” he whispered.

“I can’t” Christina refused. It seemed impossible to her even take a single note.

“Yes, you can” Adam reassured her. “Let it out. Sing it out”

Christina nodded as Adam started playing. But Christina needed a couple of minutes before starting to sing again. Adam was just playing waiting when Christina would start singing. This time she got to hold till the end of the song. “Your heart beat in sync with mine. But yours on the sky and mine downside.” Last words of the song, last time she needed to pronounce it. Everytime she sang them out loud she could feel her heart ache. “I will always love you” she read in a whisper.