Chapter 28

Chapter 28

When I woke up the next morning I felt terrible, it was I’d been hit by a train. Somehow all my muscles ached and I weird feeling in my stomach. I sat up being careful not to wake Nathan, I blamed the aching muscles on him, but the feeling in my stomach, I had no idea where that was from. Maybe I ate something bad?

We were flying back home later tonight anyway so I’d be able to get back in our own bed, there was nothing better than that. I decided to take a shower to try and make me feel a bit better, it worked at first, I was nice and relaxed, but I got too hot and a wave of nausea suddenly hit me. I stopped the shower, grabbed a towel before running to the toilet and throwing up. Definitely something I ate. I pulled the handle and stood up, washing my face before brushing my teeth to get rid of the discussing taste lingering in my mouth.

Still clutching the towel I went back into the bedroom and got out the only set of clothes not packed in my case, Nathan lay asleep still unaware of what just went on, I planned on keeping it that way too as I didn’t want to worry him since it was just food poisoning. Maybe it was the pizza that I had thought was so nice.

After I changed, put on some make-up and packed my toiletries bag in the case I went to make some breakfast, no doubt Nathan would wake up as soon as he smelt the bacon. As I waited for it to cook along with the toast I picked up an orange and pealed it before dipping it in some cream cheese and eating it, sounds utterly horrible I know, but for some reason it’s just what I felt like, and I couldn’t deny myself it.

Just as I thought a few minutes later, with just his black boxers on and hair sticking up in every direction possible Nathan walked in stretching his arms over his head and smelling the air filled with the bacon aroma. “Morninn” he smirked coming round to kiss me on the cheek, pouring two glasses of orange juice and sitting down at the table. “Sleep well last night?” I asked turning the oven off and putting everything onto plates, “Like a baby, thanks to you” he winked as I sat down opposite him, “Well your welcome then” I smirked before we lapped into a silence as we ate our breakfast, I didn’t manage to eat it all but I don’t think Nathan noticed too much, I didn’t want to risk throwing up again when my stomach was still feeling a bit odd.

Since we weren’t flying back until 6pm we decided to go out for a stroll and make the most of it before we went back to the airport. Nathan held my hand as we walked past some amazing scenery, the sun blazing on our backs almost made me want to stay here for longer, I didn’t fancy being drenched in rain as soon as we stepped off the plane in London.

“I’ve had an amazing time with you Nath, best honeymoon ever” I grinned as we sat down on a bench on the side of a little street, “and your only honeymoon I hope” he added, I chuckled before replying, “of course” resting my head on his shoulder I thought back at all the amazing times we’d had together since being here as husband and wife, I’m sure the good times would carry on rolling too. “I’ve had a wicked time too” and with that he kissed my forehead before pulling me up and leading back to the direction of the hotel.

~

The airport was crowded, compared to quite little Venice there were so many people here, I guess it would be god to get us back in the swing of things ready for the hustle and bustle of London. It was like a crazy different world back there.

Our bags went through before we checked in and made our way through security without any problem. To be honest I was completely exhausted, it did make me slightly happy at the thought that I’d be able to sleep in our own bed tonight. I felt like a Mocha for Starbucks so Nathan was kind enough to volunteer to go and get me one since there was one just opposite where we sat. Bored of looking at nothing in particular I twirled the plane ticket around in my hands, I accidentally tore the corner so bought it closer to my face to examine it, it would survive. I read all the info on it, it didn’t really say much apart from the company name, seat number, flight time and date. All was good with it, luckily. My mind wondered as I watched Nathan waiting at the counter for my drink, he pulled  a funny face making me grin before walking back over a few minutes later, drink in hand.

We safely took off an hour later, Nath had his headphones in as he bobbed his head to whatever music he was listening, I’d laugh if it was his own, how vain would that be? It made me chuckle silently just thinking about it.

I glanced at the ticket one more time before shoving it in my pocket as I didn’t really need it anymore, I shuffled in the seat before I found a comfortable position in the chair and relaxed letting my mind wonder. June 18th. The date today. I calculated a few things in my mind before sitting there confused. I pulled out the plane ticket again and checked the date, yep it was definitely June 18th. I did the maths in my head again and again, but every time I did it lead to one conclusion, I was a week late. Nathan glanced confused at my expression but I shook my head and put my thumbs up since he still had his headphones on and he wouldn’t be able to hear me. Would it be possible?

I mean I guess the facts were adding up, the sickness this morning, the food cravings, the fact I was a week late, but that was it. I mean I guess I could just have a stomach bug and I mean sometimes I got dates wrong and it didn’t always come on time, but was there that chance? My hand found its way to my stomach and stopped there. I mean I knew at some point we wanted to try for a family but not this soon, and it’s not like we hadn’t used protection. We had. A load of what ifs ran through my mind at that point, I was having a battle in my head, half of me believed there was the possibility, the other half wanted to laugh at even the thought.

I mean the idea that it was a possibility made me want to scream, we had just got married did we not want to settle down with that and let Nathan have a bit more freedom with the band before we settled down? But the thought of a mini Sid the sloth, or even Sidina sloth seemed really exciting. As I deliberated with myself I decided that number one, I wasn’t going to tell Nathan until I knew what was going on for sure. Number two, I would be drinking no alcohol or doing anything stupid until I knew, and number three I would find out as soon as possible, aka tomorrow.

~

I must have fallen asleep after that, who knew thinking so much could exhaust you! Nathan nudged me awake telling me that we had landed and people were getting off, I nodded standing up and making sure I had everything with me, I did. Even though earlier I’d decided with myself that I’d take the test tomorrow I was just too impatient. Nathan went to wait for our suitcases while he thought I was going to the toilet, instead I walked into the boots chemist and bought a test, hiding it under my top when I went back to him. He still didn’t have the cases so I hadn’t been long.

When we did get them and walked out to the arrival bit to grab a taxi we were surprized to see a large banner reading ‘Mr and Mrs Sykes’  with all four boys and Kelsey waiting for us. We ran over there hugging everyone, I gripped the test as I didn’t want to drop it, that would be embarrassing. They asked us how our honeymoon went, teasing Nathan as went made our way to the seven seater car Max was driving. There was just enough room for us all plus the cases, the whole way back to our apartment was filled with chatter and jokes, Jay particularly kept the teasing running which, to be honest wasn’t a surprize.

I looked out the window and noticed Max had taken a wrong turn, not sure how that was possible since he seemed to think our apartment was his second home, along with the other boys. “Maximillian you seem to have missed a turning” I informed, he turned and smirked in my direction for a split second before turning back to concentrate on the road. “Nope, we’re going exactly where we’re supposed to” he responded, I quirked an eyebrow looking at Nathan, he mirrored my confused  expression and I noticed all of a sudden that everyone else in the car seemed to have a smirk on their face, what was going on?

A/N – Hope you guys like it, just to let you know the update next Friday will be the last one! I know sad right? Anyway hope you like it, let me know what you think, comment, fan, vote and I’ll see you for the final update next Friday.

P.S. Don't forget that you can follow me on Twitter, tweet me, follow me and i'll follow back. My username is @SophieTWFan