E

Final chapter guys, loved writing this but it's time for my next one!

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you actually shitting me?" I didn't intend to speak to the street performer before, however now I couldn't stop myself. 

He gave me an evil smirk before playing the next key, each one hitting me harder than the last.

"When I was, a young boy..." He sung gently to the music from his piano.

Gritting my teeth, I carried on my journey home, ignoring the meaningful song that haunted my every step. I turned the final corner to my road and bounced up my steps talking my jacket pocket on the way. When nothing was felt and no jingling was heard, I zipped open my pocket to find it was empty.

"Shit" I whispered out load as I remembered that the spare key was gone and no one was in. "Shit. Shit. Shit." I cursed to the sky as if a god was listening ready to grant me a miracle. I slumped down my steps once more and decided to walk to my Louise's again so if have a place to stay.

"Back so soon?" The beautiful voice of Dan, I mean the street performer, sung out to me, a slanted grin plastered on his face.

"Don't flatter yourself I'm not here for you. As luck would have it, I'm locked out my house and on my way back to a friends." I spoke, and as I didn't so wandering why I'd decided to share so much with him.

"That's to bad" he laughed gently. "If you'd like, I'm just packing up, your welcome to come to mine" he invited.

"You have a house?" I asked rudely, my words pouring out with no filter; however much I was trying not to like this guy, I'd never want to purposely hurt his feelings.

Dan face dropped slightly at my blunt question but answered politely. "Yes actually I do. It may not be as nice as your or your friends but it's my home and it's only 2 minutes away; by the looks of the weather I'd advise you to take up my offer"

"What's wrong with the wea..." But I was cut of my a loud crackle of thunder and an army of rain falling from the sky.

"So what's your answer?"

"I'd love to thanks"

I helped him cover his piano in a blue, plastic sheet before he collected his paper and we darted through unknown streets until we got to a small, broken house on the poor side of town. He whipped the keys out his pocket like he was showing off to me and pushed them quickly into the lock, letting us both in.

"Make yourself at home, we could be here for a while" he said gesturing out the window to the block of grey clouds that inked the sky.

"Thank you, are your parents here?" I asked innocently.

"No actually" his voice was quiet and sad. "It's just me here" as he spoke these words, a beautiful white, wet cat burst in through the cat flap and onto one of the sofas where it curled up into a warm ball and fell asleep. "Well just me and poppy" he chuckled, however his laughter was empty and sorrowful. 

"She's sweet" I said aimlessly as I went to pet the purring bundle of fur.

"Thanks" he chuckled.

We were silent for a while as I petted the cat, Dan constantly paced the room and staring at me before opening and closing his mouth like a fish as he decided not to say his original sentence.

"Phil what's wrong with me?" He blurted out suddenly.

"What" I begun silently, saddened by his words, had I made him feel like there's something wrong with him?