Part 1

Melody Staples was absolutely perfect. Her long strawberry blonde hair fell below her shoulders in natural curls. Her emerald green eyes always sparkled and captivated whoever gazed into them. And her fair skin shined brighter than the sun. Not only was she beautiful but she was smart, funny, and sweet. Everyone absolutely loved her.

Everyone, but India London.

India hated everything about her.

While she couldn't exactly tell you why, she stood firm by her strong disliking for the girl. Melody left a bad taste in India's mouth. And though India didn't know it, she had perfect reason to be suspicious.

Melody, seeing that India was suspicious of her, decided to befriend her. Melody had secrets that could send even the devil running in the opposite direction. She couldn't have her poking her nose where it didn't belong. She couldn't get caught. Besides she thought India would enjoy her little hobby. She looked the part.

Caramel skin, big brown eyes, varying light brown and dark brown hair that hung well past her shoulders. And she was small in stature and build. She looked harmless. She was only harsh when something annoyed her. And people annoyed her. So why wouldn't she jump at the chance to do something horrible to someone she didn't like?

But India was stubborn. When she made up her mind about something it was said and done. And she had made up her mind there was something strange about Melody.

And that she definitely didn't like her.

But even if she couldn't be friends with India, she still didn't need her snooping in her business. She thought since everyone liked her so much, maybe if they saw her talking to India, they would soon follow. And the more friends India had the more occupied she'd be with them and the less she would worry about Melody. Melody tried day in and day out to be friends with India, but India refused to give in. She would not be friends with her. Not now not ever. She wouldn't even give Melody the time of day.

Melody was infuriated. There was no way she was going to get India on her side. She was already out of time.

There was only one option at this point.

She was going to have to get rid of her.

Just like she had to dispose of the last people who almost caught on to what she liked to do in her free time.

And they were her family.

Melody made her way down the hall, lost in thought. She had been going over the plan in her head all day. Everything had to go just right, if it didn't she could get caught and she couldn't have that.

Melody saw India at her locker and decided to put stage one of her plan into action. She came to a stop a few paces from the girl and admired her one last time. If only you hadn't of been so damn nosey. We could have been partners in crime. You would have enjoyed my games. She sighed then placed a huge smile on her face and proceeded towards the other girl.

"Hey bestie!"

India acted as if the girl wasn't even there, continuing to put things in and bring things out of her locker. The only indication she knew she was there was the subtle eye roll and the slight tenseness to her once slack body.

Melody fought to keep the smile on her face, clenching her jaw, then tried again. "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the mall after school?" She made sure to add a hint of hopefulness to her voice for good measure.

"Now why would I want to do that?" India said turning to her, scowling. Melody's right eye twitched but she didn't notice. India did and raised a curious brow crossing her arms.

"Because we're besties. Duh silly," Melody replied and playfully pushed her with a laugh. She had to hold back from pushing too hard. Although she would have loved for India to 'accidentally' hit her head too hard against the locker. She smiled at the thought.

"And who told you we were besties?" India said a synthetic smile on her face.

Melody was getting extremely annoyed, the only indication of such the slight tick in her eye, but she continued to play her part well. A mask of pure innocence, so good it almost fooled India, shadowed her face to match her tone. "Well when I'm your only friend..."

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa," India said interrupting her. "And what makes you think you're my only friend?" She said defensively.

A stong sense of accomplishment overcame Melody causing her to smile inwardly. "Well you're always alone and no one ever talks to you or invites you anywhere so..."

"And I'm going to stop you right there," India interrupted her again."You know why I don't have friends?" India didn't give Melody a chance to reply before screaming, "BECAUSE YOU TOOK THEM ALL!"

She drew attention towards them from the people walking about to hall but she didn't acknowledge them. She kept her furious brown eyes on Melody.

"What?! What are you talking about!? No one even knows who you are." Melody hissed taking a step back, laughing on the inside at the crazed look on the smaller girls face.

"THAT'S BECAUSE EVER SINCE YOU FIRST STEPPED INTO THIS SCHOOL I BECAME INVISIBLE!!" She ground her teeth and spit out bitterly, "You come in here all friendly and sweet and everyone thinks you're this PERFECT ANGEL!" Melody's eyes widen in surprise at the girls sudden outburst a small smirk coming into play on her face. India hardly noticed however due to the adrenaline now pumping through her veins.

India closed her eyes to regain herself before slowly starting to speak again. Melody couldn't help the smile on her face. "Well you know what," India opened her eyes and Melody quickly made her expression one of fear,"you didn't fool everyone. I can see right through your little princess act," India stepped forward and poked Melody in the chest. "I will prove how much of a Devil you are and I will not stop until I do." India slammed her locker and stormed away, ignoring the eyes she felt boring into her skull.

Melody couldn't help but feel proud of herself, nearly giggling with joyous giddy. "Stage 1," she said beaming, even going as far as wiping her hands off, "-complete."