His Explanation

*Reader POV*

It's been 2 days since Natsu and I decided to start dating, although we haven't told anyone yet and I still haven't asked him why he and Lucy were kissing. Before I left everyone at Fairy Tail, every day, Natsu and I would walk together to the guild hall. We would walk on a path with lavender and white flowers hanging from the top before seeing the Guild's emblem. We decided to walk down the same path.

I could see the guild up ahead, so I stopped walking to ask him about what I saw. 

"Natsu, I have to ask you something." At those words, his face, which was usually full of joy turned into a worried look. 

"Sure (y/n), anything...Did something happen?" His eyes scanned mine, looking for any sign of pain. I gave a slight laugh and answered, 

"No no nothing like that...well..." I gave a deep sigh, looked Natsu in the eyes and told him what happened. "Natsu, when I was going to get some roses for the guild, I saw you and Lucy kiss...What happened? I want to know..." My voice cracked a little and my cheeks turned a bright red. 

"Oh, that's all you wanted to know? Sheesh, I thought it was something serious..." I flicked him on his forehead. 

"This is serious!!!" Natsu rubbed the part of his head that I flicked.

"Okay, let me explain..."

*Natsu POV*

2 days earlier

"Hey Happy, how about we go pay Lucy a little visit?" I said with a laugh. 

"Aye! Maybe she'll have some yummy fish for me to eat! Fishy fishy fishy fishy..." Happy kept singing his song about fish.

Once we got to Lucy's house, I got in by the window and sat on her bed. "Man, she always leaves her window open..." Happy said while opening Lucy's fridge...I guess looking for some fish.

Happy was nibbling on his fish when we both heard the door open. 

"WELCOME BACK LUCY!" We both jumped in front of her and it sounded like she nearly had a heart attack. 

"KYYAAAA!!! NATSU WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" 

"Well, I just wanted to say hi...I haven't seen you in the Guild for a while..." Lucy looked uneasy as I said that. 

"Natsu, meet me under the oak tree next to the roses in two days." Lucy then kicked both me and Happy out of her house.

2 days later

The next day, after (y/n) made that special appearance, I brought Happy to Erza and Gray to make him tag along.

"Happy, you go with Gray and Erza, okay?" I told Happy. 

"Wow, I guess it really is hoes before bros..." he mumbled. 

"HAPPY! ITS NOTHING LIKE THAT!!" 

"Okay bye Natsu!!" completely ignoring what I said, he waved as he flew next to Erza. I started to walk towards the oak tree and waiting for me, underneath the oak tree, was Lucy. She got all dressed up and was playing with her fingers before noticing that I was behind her. 

"Hey Lucy. So what did you want to tell me?" Lucy's face turned a bright red. She avoided my eyes and started talking. 

"Well, Natsu, you know that we've been friends a long time now, and I've finally built up the courage to tell you this... Natsu, I really like you, and I have for a while...and I just..." Lucy looked at me, leaned in and kissed me. I caught a whiff of (y/n), so I stepped back and quickly turned to see where it was coming from. I caught a glimpse of her (h/c) hair and I could hear her sobbing. 

"(Y/N)! WAIT!" I shouted at her, but she continued running. I left Lucy and chased after her.

 I could smell (y/n) inside the forest, so I ran in. I wanted so badly to tell (y/n) that I wasn't interested in Lucy, that she was the one I wanted, that I needed.

I followed her scent until I caught a whiff of another one. Before I could even decipher what it was, something attacked me from behind. Its claws dug into my back and then scratched my right cheek. My screams filled the air and my vision went back for a split second. I quickly ran away from the beast. I ran as fast as my legs could take me and used the Fire Dragon Wing Attack on the beast. It was then that I realized that there were more than just any beasts...they were wolf mutations...

The pack of mutated wolves starting cornering me and I froze in fear. There was one brown beats, and I guessed that it was the alpha. He howled and the other pack members pounced on me and I screamed again. I could hear in the distance, (y/n) calling my name. 

"(y/n)..." I whispered. My blood was dripping onto the ground and I limped towards her voice. My legs finally gave in and I fell to the ground. My face pointed towards the starry sky. My vision started to darken, and just before the lights completely went out, I heard her footsteps running towards me. I used what was left of my strength to look at (y/n) and warned her. "They're...coming..." After that, my vision went black and I felt my head hit the ground.

*Reader's POV*

"Oh...I see. Thats how I found you in the woods. Listen, I'm really sorry fo-" Natsu cut me off by pushing his lips to mine. When we separated lips, he smiled and said, "Lets go to the guild and tell everyone we're dating." His cheeks turned a little red and so did mine. "Okay, Pinky." I answered while giving him a small peck on the cheek.

I was so happy when Natsu said those words. I wish we could've stayed that happy...