chapter five

[unedited]

Here I am, sitting across some stranger.

Some stranger.

Some rude stranger.

"You know I'm sorry about the other day. About what I did and said. That was wrong of me." He said after the long awkward silence that was happening between us. That confession caught me off by surprise. He fixed his collar and placed both his hands on top of the table.

"I accept your apology. Jimin." I said and gave him the sandwich which I made.

We were in the noisy cafeteria where everyone gathered there dates and brought them the lunch they made.

"Is this why you auctioned me? To say sorry." I ask. He gulps down the big bite of the sandwich he took and looks at me strait. "Pretty much."

I sigh and watch him eat the sandwich In silence, with mango juice in the side. By his facial expressions he really is enjoying the sandwich.

"You make really good sandwiches. Makes this for me for the rest of my life." He said as he leaned back in his chair and wiped his mouth with a napkin leaving a little sauce on the side.

"You still have something on the side of your lips."

I lean in closer across the table to wipe it.

"You have pretty eyes." He stated leaning back onto his chair after I wiped the sauce and having a look with interest.

"You have a pretty nose?" I said out of no where and gave an awkwardly smile, which earned me a surprising laugh.

"Really."

"Yeah...?"

"Since this is a date we should get to know more about each other." He said leaning his chin on his palm.

"Uh, what do you wanna know?" I ask.

"What do your parents do?"
"They are international reporters."
"Do you have any siblings?"
"I have an older sister who lives in India. And an older brother who's a trainee."
"What's your favorite color?"
"White."

He was gonna ask another question, but I quickly stopped him.

"Um, I wanna more about you.." He raises his eyebrows and shrugs.

"I'm no one special,"

"Well, what do your parents do?"

"My mom's the vice principal of your school and my dad passed away when I was born."

I gave a long pause before saying, "Sorry."

He sighs and put both his palms together on the table and stares Into them with deep though.

"My father had cancer, after 2 days I came to this life. He left," He said staring down into his palms. My feelings turned into guilt and my heart dropped upon hearing that. "It was always me and my mom," He finished then looked up at me with a small smile.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"It feels nice to open up to someone,"

+

Friday

(a/n- had to change the date, so the auction was on Thursday)

"Sujin, you went on a date with Jimin, but your dating V." A girl in my class asked.

shit. I have to think of a good excuse.

"Jimin and V are good friends, ...and I, uh, owned him a favor." She didn't really seem like she bought that excuse. The girl just turned around and scoffed. I sigh and take out my manga from the inside of my desk and start reading. I just love High School romances.