Chapter 8

Part eight

  Kim squinted as she tried to focus on her watch. 2.17am. Too many purple coctails had affected her vision and, if it wasn't for fear of being called a lightweight, she would have snuck off to bed some time ago.

  She sunk deeper into the sofa, room beginning to spin around her, making everything in her sight appear hazy. Smiling she blinked hard, Cheryl coming into view. Well to be exact, 3 Cheryl's coming into view, only merging into one when she reopened her eyes.

  "Here you go babes." Cheryl slurred, not so sober herself."Thought you could do with this." She handed her a slice of pizza, placing a pint of water on the table to her side.

  "Thanks." Kim replied, taking long and deliberate breaths to try and sober herself a little.

  "Eat it then..." Cheryl urged." You'll be right as rain after that!"

  Kimberley smiled, Cheryl knew her so well. Fighting the sense of nausea as she looked at the greasy pizza, Kim took a deep breath and bit into it.

    *******************

  Having sobered up slightly Kim pushed herself up a bit on the sofa, looking round Sarah's lounge. She was alone she noticed. How did I not see everybody leave? she thought to herself. She gathered enough strength in her legs to stand herself up from the sofa, kicked her heels off and unsteadily wandered her way up the hall to the kitchen, where she could hear voices.

  "Hey you!" Sarah called, bloodshot eyes smiling at her as she lifted her umpteenth drink of the evening to her lips.

  "Enjoy your power nap sleeping beauty?!" Cheryl asked smiling."Thought you were gone for the night, one second you're eating pizza, next second, gone!"

  Kimberley blushed."Sorry babes, can't handle it like I used to!" she joked.

  "Like you used too?!" Sarah repeated incredulously."When was that then cuz I must have missed it?!"

  "Don't take the mickey bless her!" Cheryl winked at Kim, playfully shoving Sarah's arm.

  "Well.....lightweight!" she laughed."Anyway now that you're here....you can help me out!"

  "With...?" Kim asked, frowning.

  "Well I was trying to get some goss out of Miss Tweedy here, but she's a hard one to crack!"

  "Goss...?"

  "Yeah, oh come no. Don't tell me you've not noticed?! Radiant glow...permanent smile....she's blatantly got a new bloke on the go!"

  Kim glanced quickly at Cheryl, who was blushing.

  "I told her she doesn't know what she's talking about but she won't listen!" Cheryl protested, raising her eyebrows to Kim.

  "Hmmm..." Sarah pondered, clearly not believing her."I'll get it out of you, don't you worry." She stood from the kitchen stool, drunkenly jabbing Cheryl in the middle of her forehead with her index finger."Not like you to be so secretive. Anyways, I'm off to bed, you guys coming?"

  "Yep." Cheryl answered, hopping down from her stool."I'm knackered. Was a great night, thanks Sarah." Smiling at the blonde she kissed her cheek and headed for the stairs, brushing part kimberley in the doorway.

  Kim sighed following her. She had been hoping that Sarah would head up before them, leaving them alone downstairs together.

  As they reached the top of the stairs Cheryl paused, grabbing Kim's wrist.