The Lord Underworld Returns

Uncle Bob announced, "We're here!"

Tony practically ripped off his seat belt and bolted out of the car, Uncle Bob following shortly after. Looking over at James, I noticed he had dozed off yet again.

I smacked him over the shoulder, "Hey, James. Wake up."

He stirred slowly, "Whaughh?"

"You heard me."

Opening his car door, I gave James a nudge in the right direction. He stumbled out, almost falling onto the dirt path road. People were staring. Can I blame them?

Before us, I saw Uncle Bob and Tony speaking to an elderly man with a grey mustache. Sherlock Holmes anyone? James finally regained his composure and appeared by my side.

Uncle Bob waved us over, "Here's my niece and her best friend!"

James grumbled, "Great."

I myself didn't like the idea of meeting people who I didn't really care for. What? It's true!

Lord McAshton held out his hand to me, "Hello! Your uncle here has been talking about you!"

Has he really?

Hesitantly and slowly, I grasped the old wrinkly hand. Let's just hope it doesn't fall off.

I smiled, "Nice to meet you." Lie.

After several seconds, I awkwardly moved away and let James have a go. As if he finally awoken up, James quickly took McAshton's hand and shook it fiercely.

"It's an honor to finally meet you Mister McAshton. You house is BEAUTIFUL!"

What the hell? Suck up much?

As I gave James a bewildered expression, McAshton replied, "Thank you, thank you, lad. Likewise likewise.

McAshton was eager to meet James? I highly doubt that.

Suddenly, a loud roar of an engine was heard. Turning around slightly, I saw the familiar beat up red truck. Guess who? Moments later, Rookery jumped out, looking around alertly.

I heard Tony's breath hitch as he tried to hide himself behind Uncle Bob.

However, he was oblivious to what was happening, "Shake Lord McAshton's hand, Tony."

Tony still staring at Rookery, reached out and hastily shook the man's hand.

"Tony is very excited to hear about your family's history, aren't you Tony?" Uncle Bob continued on.

Tony simply covered himself even more, "Not right now I'm not."

Smooth.

James butted in, "Jennifer and I are. We heard that there were vampires in your family."

McAshton stared at James alarmed, "Re-."

His attention however caught to Tony who was still staring fearfully at Rookery. Turning around, he completely forgot about James.

McAshton stated urgently, "You'll have to excuse me."

With that, he marched over to Rookery. What's that about? Uncle Bob snapped me out of my thoughts,

"You three stay away from that guy. He's crazy."

No kidding.

We then walked away, Tony tagged quietly alongside Uncle Bob so that Rookery wouldn't see him. James put his hood up while I slightly covered my eyes with one hand. Whatever Rookery is doing here, I'm sure they aren't good intentions.

Uncle Bob introduced us to some workers. I just simply smiled politely while James kept quiet. Where did the suck up go? As the workers and Uncle Bob were in deep conversation, I pulled the panicked Tony away.

"What do you think he's doing here?"

Tony shrugged and took shelter behind me, "I don't know. Only one way to find out though." He gestured to where McAshton was leading Rookery into the house. For once, I agree with the booger.

I whispered to James, "We're gonna ditch Uncle Bob for awhile."

He nodded silently, as we started to follow Tony into the palace. Let's just hope we don't get caught.

McAshton and Rookery went up white stone stairs and into some room. We all followed carefully and stopped right at the door. Making sure not to be seen, we simply peeked through the little gap.

McAshton pointed to a portrait with a shaking hand, "T-that's her. Elizabeth McAshton."

Rookery walked up to it, he smiled nastily when he saw the red necklace that hung around her neck, "The stone..."

Wait-that's the amulet?

James gasped, "So she has it?"

Tony shushed us, however we kept talking amongst ourselves.

"She probably does. If Rookery finds her resting place, he'll get the amulet!"

Tony interrupted our chat, "They're coming!"

James dived behind a huge curtain while Tony and I squeezed ourselves into a closet. We heard their footsteps stop right outside the door.

McAshton questioned, "Did you hear that?"

Rookery replied gruffly, "It was probably nothing..."

He sounded unsure of himself, however I heard him walk forward, mentioning about Elizabeth's resting place. It's here on the grounds? Crap.

Once McAshton and Rookery's footsteps disappeared, I pushed open the door. Tony tumbled out, gasping for breath. It was obvious that he was holding it in while the two passed us. James pushed the curtain aside.

"What do you reckon we do?"

Tony already knew. Without a glance at us, he bolted out of the room and continued to follow Rookery and McAshton outside.

I groaned, "Get back here!"

James and I finally found Tony in the fields, dashing towards some kind of secret garden. I ran as fast as my legs could take me, my mission to stop Tony doing anything stupid.

Suddenly Tony bumped into the scottish jerks who were playing with their toy guns. When they saw him, they screamed bloody murder. Which of course made Tony scream as well. James snickered as we neared them.

Tony lifted his baseball jersey, "You're blocking the Lord of the Underworld!"

One of the boys stuttered, "We didn't mean to!"

Tony jumped forward and hissed, making the taller boys yelp and stagger backward.

James commented, "Stupid daywalkers..."

Wow. He's a 'daywalker' too. However, I decided to play along.

I asked the 'Lord of the Underworld', "Do you want us to take them to the torture chambers, master?"

Ew. I shall never address Tony as 'master' EVER again.

Tony shook off that idea, and turned his attention back to the McAshton brothers, "I want you to crawl back into room and go under your bed. And STAY THERE!"

What kind of punishment is that?

One of the brothers replied, "Yes, Lord Underworld."

With that, they proceeded to run towards the huge house. Tony screamed after them, "I said CRAWL!"

The boys jumped to their knees and continued the journey. James was laughing on how ridiculous they looked doing so.

Tony turned to us, "Let's go in!"

I gave him a disapproving look, "What if Rookery catches us?"

Tony didn't seem to care. Either did James. For they both went on without me. Stubborn boys.