Six: Just Stressed

The remainder of the week went by and Saturday came rather quickly. The game we were supposed to have on Friday was cancelled because half of the other team's members ended up with food poisoning and were blowing chunks everywhere back at their school. But I did promise my coach two more games, so I'll stick by my word and go another week.

I finish sorting through my laundry and putting what will still fit me into my drawers. I had to put most of my jeans into the bins under my bed, because they don't fit me anymore, and they won't for another 5 months at least. Now, my wardrobe consists mainly of sweatpants and pajama bottoms, basketball shorts, various sweaters and loose t-shirts. I guess that'll be my life from now until May or June of next year.

Right as I finish sliding the last bin under my bed, my phone vibrates, indicating that I received a text. I grab my bed and pull myself up from the floor with a little bit of difficulty. I grab my phone and unlock it to see that I have a couple messages from Javi from a while ago, and the one I just got is from Kiara, telling me that she wants me to come spend the night at her house because her parents aren't coming back until tomorrow afternoon and she doesn't want to have to hang out with just Kaamil for the rest of the night.

I text her back, telling her that I'll be over soon, then I go ahead and reply to Javi and tell him where I'm going. Not that he expects me to tell him my every move, but I like to tell him when my plans change, especially so he wouldn't be worried if he dropped by and I'm not home like I had planned. I pull on some jeans that sit low and a baggy long sleeve shirt and put my phone charger and some pajama pants in a bag to bring with me.

After writing a note for my dad to inform him of the situation for when he returns from his short business trip tomorrow, I leave. I get to Kiara's house pretty quickly and walk to her door, but it flies open before I even get a chance to knock. Kaamil is standing in the doorway looking annoyed.

"Come in, save me from Kiara," he pleads, making me smile and enter the house behind him. Before I take more than a few steps, I can already hear Greek playing super loud in the living room, "She's been watching that damn show since 6 o'clock this morning. Please make it stop."

"Why? I love Greek!" I grin at his eyeroll.

"Okay, it's not terrible, but I got less than 3 hours of sleep because of it and I'm about ready to strangle her or something. She's being impossible." I wave him off and go into their living room where Kiara is laying in a big pile of blankets and pillows in the middle of the floor with her phone, laptop, and various bowls and cups that were probably filled with food earlier. When she sees me, she makes a weird noise and gets up, running to me and hugging me so tightly that I feel like she may bust me open. With that disturbing thought in mind, I gently push her off me.

"Okay, what do you want to do?" She asks loudly as she shuts the TV off, automatically making her house awkwardly quietly. That is, until Kaamil screams "Thank god!" from the other room.

"I don't know. You're the one who wanted me to come over. What do you want to do?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Have you eaten lately? I'm starved," She states, rubbing her stomach. I shake my head at her question. Even though I ate a couple hours ago, I'm hungry yet again.

"I could eat. Let's get your brother and we can go somewhere," I tell her and we head out of the living room and into the kitchen where Kaamil is sitting at the counter reading a book.

"Get your butt up, we're going out to eat," Kiara tells him, grabbing the book from his hands and tossing it on the counter in front of him. He gives her a blank stare, standing up.

"You lost my page."

"Oh who cares, you've read that book probably ten times." Kiara grabs his wrist and my hand and pulls us out the door and to her car and pushes us against the passenger side of the car before she runs around to the driver's seat. Kiara is usually level headed and normal-ish, but something about the weekend makes her go nuts.