Chapter 6: Disagreements

"He is so gonna pay for what he did!" Gajeel seethed in anger. Right now everyone was staying over Juvia's house in case she needed their help or Bora returned. At the moment Gray was sitting on the couch with Juvia beside him. She had slightly dozed off so her head was rested on his shoulder.

"Yeah! I'm all fired up!" Natsu yelled in anger. As quickly as he stood up Lucy pulled him down.

"No you idiot! We can't just go now! We have to try and get proof before storming into someones house or whatever insane idea you have in mind!" Lucy told him.

"Fine," Natsu grudgingly surrendered as he sat down on the couch pouting to himself.

"Guys," a small voice croaked. "I'm sorry you guys had to get caught up in this mess."

"No, Juvia," Levy exclaimed as she grabbed Juvia's shaking hands. "Don't say that. We care for you and we want to help you so let us help you," Levy said as her voice cracked at some points.

"Thank you Levy," Juvia smiled weakly her head still resting on Gray's shoulder. Slowly Juvia turned to look at Gray. "Gray. I'm sorry that I broke what little trust we had left with each other..." Juvia trailed off as she began to cry. "J-juvia didn't want you guys to get involved with her messed up life. P-please forgive Juvia!" She cried as Gray looked at her with emotionless eyes. "Juvia understands if Gray does not want to be friends with Juvia anymore. Juvia also understands if no one else still wants to be friends with her anymore."

"Juvia. Shut up," Gray commanded as he looked at her coldly. "I am hurt that you didn't bother coming to us earlier and that you thought that we would be so shallow as to not care that you have an abusive boyfriend. I mean all of that really did hurt and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say this. But you've also been away for so long that you've probably forgotten what it feels like to be cared for right?" Gray asked as his eyes bore into her as though he could see her soul breaking slowly.

"G-gray," Juvia cried. "Everyone," Juvia whimpered as she turned to stare at all her friends. Her real friends. Not people that became friends with her because they pitied her. "Thank you, for being there when Juvia needed someone the most," she exclaimed through a watery smile.

"No problem!" Natsu responded with a smile as wide as the Chesire Cats smile.

"We're here for you Juvia!" Lucy exclaimed as she hugged her.

"Yeah! You can always fall back on us!" Levy shouted happily.

"I'll always be here for you Rain Woman," Gajeel grunted as he smirked.

"You can count on us Juvia," Erza said as she smiled at her gently.

"Yeah," Jellal agreed as he gently smiled at her too. Then everyone turned to Gray.

"You already know that I'll always be there," Gray said as he opened his arms wide. Juvia smiled then laughed before leaning into his warm embrace. "We really care about you Juvia. I really care about you too," Gray exclaimed as he sniffed her hair. It smelt like fresh water. Suddenly the door bell rang. "Who's that?" Gray asked. "Did anyone invite someone over or order something?" Everyone looked at each other confused. So Jellal walked over to see who it was. He glanced out the window then he looked at Gray.

"It's Ultear," Jellal stated bluntly.

"Crap," Gray swore.

"Well? Go out there," Natsu said. So Gray walked over to his doom. When he opened the door he was met with the furious face of Ultear.

"Gray! How dare you just leave me at the school! You didn't even let me finish talking! I'm your girlfriend! Not that fat ugly thing!" She screeched.

"What?" Gray said in disbelief. "Well, that 'fat ugly thing' over there has a name! Its Juvia! You know what Ultear, I'm breaking up with you. Your being so childish and it's so obvious you don't even care about us you only care about the attention."

"W-what? Fine. I was only dating you for the popularity anyways," Ultear exclaimed in shock and anger. Then she stormed away.

"What? Gray are you sure that was okay?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah. She never really cared. It was all for the popularity. I could tell," Gray sighed. "Anyways. Juvia. Hey. Where's Juvia?"

"She ran to her room after Ultear and you started to scream at each other," Natsu replied. "Not sure why."

"Juvia!" Gray shouted as he ran to her room. "Juvia are you okay?" Gray asked as he peered into her room.

"Oh. Gray, um Juvia is sorry that she was the cause of your break up..." she trailed off.

"No, its okay. Really. You shouldn't be sorry anyways. I never really liked her I guess. She only started to date me for the popularity anyways," he sighed.

"Oh, Juvia is sorry that she was using Gray," she sympathized.

"Nah its fine. I think that I like someone now though. I guess I have for a while," Gray stated sheepishly staring at Juvia meaningfully. Before Juvia could respond though a loud bang was heard. Then the pounding of feet as they made their way to Juvia's room.

"Gray!" Lucy screamed as she ran to Juvia's room. "Bora! He's here! I think he knows that we know now!" Lucy screamed as a yell was heard in the living room.

"No. No!" Juvia whimpered. "You guys have to leave! This is J-juvia's problem," she exclaimed in worry and fear.

"Juvia! We are your friends. We want to protect you," Gray said as he hugged her trying to comfort her.

"Now I'm fired up!" Natsu shouted from the other room. Bora was going to get it now Gray thought as he to ran out to protect Juvia.

"You messed with the wrong people," Gray muttered running to help keep Bora from reaching Juvia.