chapter three

I walked out of the bathroom and sat back in my spot next to Cody.
"Everything alright?" He asked.
I put on my best fake smile and nodded "fucking peachy". Cody rolled his eyes.
We all ordered and the wait for our food well the wait for the boys food wasn't long at all however mine was taking forever and the same bitchy waitress kept coming and telling me with her best bitchy smile "sorry for the wait it will be here shortly." The boys offered to share their food with me but I declined their offer.  An hour went by and I was tempted to leave but my food came well what looked to be left of my food, they burnt it bad it was that bad biting into it could very well break my teeth so I decided I wasn't gonna eat.
We all get up payed  and were about to leave when someone stuck their foot out and tripped me. I landed hard on the floor forward.
Someone crouched down by me it was yup the fucking bitch "I mean it you emo whore you stay the fuck away from him, he's mine." I rolled my eyes at her in annoyonce then pushed myself up and continued to leave with the rest.

*TIME SKIP*

Cody And I were driving home and the awkward silence hung right above us that was until Cody broke it.
"Hey kiddo you alright you seem to be in a bit if a mood." I nodded but that was a bullshit lie, I wasn't ok I was starving my chest hurt from falling I was tired and pissed off.
"Are you sure yo-………"
"I'm fine Cody now can we just drop it!?" I snapped, I covered my mouth.
"I-im sorry."
Cody shook his head.
"No don't be."
I mentally punched myself "your such a bitch he adopted you took you out to dinner and is being nice to you and the whole time your being nothing but a crude bitch you don't deserve his kindness you don't even deserve to be happythat small little voice that I thought had finally left was backI clenched my teeth tightly together as I looked out the window as tears fell "your such a bitch" I continued to stair out the window as the tears streamed down my face.

When we reached Cody's house I unbuckled and opened the car door, I got out and then grabbed my bag from the back of the car and walked to the front door of Cody's house where he unlocked it and we walked in.

"Wanna see your new room?" He asked softly, his voice was gental as though he was afraid that if he said anything harsh I might break.
I just nodded keeping my head down as the voice kept telling me repetedly "pathetic, worthless, useless, you don't deserve love."

"This is.... Astrid! whats wrong?" Cody's voice was full of worry and concern as he lifted my head gentaly.
"Hun why are you crying?"
"I-.." Then I broke the damn that was holding my tears back broke.
Cody pulled me into a tight warm loving reassuring hug.
"Shhhh." He soothed softly as he rubbed my back softly.

After my tears stopped cody held my at arms length and asked again.
"What's wrong?"
I shook my head but that wasn't the answer he was looking for.
"Please Astrid tell me."
I sighed and told him everything, from beginning to end.
"And your the first person who's wanted to adopt someone like me and youve showed me nothing but love and I've just been a huge bitch."

Cody shook his head.
"No you haven't actually you've been really funny and amazing and cool and sweet and weird, but a bitch no that's far from." He smiled softly.

I looked up at him a smile appearing on my lips.
"OK you ready to see your new room?"
I nodded, then we walked in and I couldn't even begin to describe what I saw.