Chapter 22

I feel Josh slide his tongue to touch mine. He tastes divine... he tastes delicious. I grab the hair at the back of his head, so I can bring his face closer to mine. Our kiss is ferocious, so demanding and wanting. His hands rub down my back till he reaches just under my waste. Josh pulls away, breathing heavily, I grin hugging him tight. He holds me tightly to his chest. I missed him a lot last night dreaming of spending every night and day with him. I hear a few sniggers from the others, but I ignore them concentrating on Josh.

  All his muscles seem tensed but they soon relax as I stroke his cheek and look into his eyes. There are so many secrets, which I do not know. He brings his head down kissing my neck; I feel my muscles tighten slightly. It's just a silly book, I tell myself. I feel Josh chuckle under his breath. I stare out to the distance, the fear being absorbed from the air again. I pull away with a shy smile, then turn and pick my bag up. Josh moves over to where he left his bag and swiftly in one move, swings it over onto his back, he looks as though he's a male model on a photo shoot.

  We all prepare ourselves to pick up any of our luggage which we dumped on the floor and make our way on our long walk through the woods. The woods go on for miles so once we have reached at least past half way we can stop and make camp. The woods are full of dark eerie shadows; everyone seems fine with it however I keep cautious, treading carefully. I feel my heart miss a beat at every sharp sound. I feel so silly, each time everyone stares in silence. There isn't anything to fear, really. I know Josh will protect me, I just know he won't let anything happen to me.

"So are we ready guys for a good old adventure!" Kathrin bellows jumping around watching us all.

"Yes!" We all shout at the same time then laugh.

"I can't believe we are actually doing this!" Jessica speaks out.

"I know right!" I reply grinning.

"We just have to be careful though," David speak quieter, he's the weakest one out the bunch with a shy personality.

"Sure mate, we will be fine," William encourages.

"What harm can we come to, we are all sensible adults... which reminds me... guess what I brought," Sheila speaks hand in hand with William.

"What did you bring Sheila," Peter and Liam both say in unison then laugh.

"We couldn't go on a camping trip without lots and lots of alcohol!" She replies with excitement.

"You brought alcohol? How'd you fit it all in that bag?" I ask her.

"Well I labelled some empty coke bottles and filled them with vodka and took some bottles of coke also. I thought well everyone has brought their own cups anyway so we can all have a small drink. Did no one else bring alcohol?" She explains.

"I did," Peter replies.

"So did I, I brought along a couple bottles of apple sours, I know how you all love it," George also replies.

"That's awesome I never thought to bring any," I chuckle.

"Awk it's a shame I don't drink though ehy," Josh speaks.

"You don't drink? How can you not drink, come on mate you gotta have some!" William strides up hand still in Sheila's so he can become level with me and Josh.

"Sorry, I just can't. it doesn't... well... interest me in the slightest. Never actually touched any alcohol and I don't feel I should start now," Josh explains I open my mouth gob smacked.

"You have to have a little bit, wouldn't be right not to," I bed him.

"Well ok... just for you I will have a small cup, ok?" He smiles sweetly at me and I suddenly feel relaxed.

"So we shall set up camp, get on some dinner and then have a drink," William explains the plan to us all as I pull out a cigarette and then light it up.

"You know smoking's bad for you," Josh leans closer to me as he speaks.

"I know, I don't even know why I do it, I only have the odd one now and then," I reply suddenly self-conscious as I inhale the poison from the cancer stick.

  But what if? No the book, it is not true... my inner self suddenly says silently in my mind out of nowhere. The trees tower over me like giant statues; in this light they do not look so bad. We are on the edge of the woods where the trees aren't so thick. The sun beams down through the leaves lighting up our path a little however I am sure as we drift deeper into the woods that light will fade as the trees become thicker. Josh looks over again and again checking on how I am, he can see my nerves. He walks next to me I guess thinking it will make me feel safe in these woods. However as much I try to banish my fears they keep rising. I notice my hands tremble with fear.

  "It's ok, not many Vampires lurk these woods, and they won't harm you. Not with me around," He smiles softly at me, but he's deadly serious; but then I see a slight glint in his eye that he's teasing me slightly. I glare at him with fear spreading further over my body. 'And that was to try and make me feel better?' My inner self huffs, he has no idea how I feel, but somehow he knew I had the fear of being stopped by a Vampire.

  Yes, I have a fascination about them, however all I would do is feel fear rise inside me if I came across one, a dangerous one that is. Even if I keep trying to tell myself they are not real, what if they are? What would I do then?

  "Why are you looking at me like that?" He questions me as he takes my hand, we stroll along the path, and everyone is engrossed in their own conversations.

"You knew what I was worrying about," I say gawping at him, trying to figure out how. He doesn't answer, I see him look away. I tremble with fear again. Maybe I should have stayed at home, took my dad's punishment. This maybe the last day I live.

"Shhhh. Babe its ok, nothing's going to get you while I am around, all in good time ok and you will find out..." Josh stops me and whispers. He takes my arms and squeezes them slightly. He gleams into my eyes with his perfect eyes. He sooths my nerves with his silk voice, I nod solemnly in reply. He brings my head forward gently and kisses my forehead. I look up at him; he seems so harmless on the outside but on the inside he could be a killer, he could have... killed humans.

A�6�Bu�