The Decision

I made my decision immediately as the woman on the phone hung up. Many people will hate me for choosing this, but honestly, they didn't care about me in the first place, so why would they care now?

I haven't told anyone yet. I'll let them figure it out once I'm gone.

I got a call the other day that offered me a great opportunity to leave this awful place called Iowa. I hate my family, I hate everyone at my school, and I especially hate Iowa, so an opportunity to escape for free was priceless!

The call came at 6:30 pm Tuesday night. A high pitched woman's voice screeched into the phone saying, "Someone has nominated you to be a student at the Fine Arts School in Maine. After reviewing what they said about you, Miss. Paige, we now extend to you the chance to come attend our school for free!! If you choose to accept please stop by the Gillian Hotel in Des Moines, Iowa Friday night at 8:00 pm. Bring all belongings you will wish to take with you to Maine. We hope to see you there, thank you." It immediately cut off after that. My insides were on fire. Excitement for a chance to leave! Fear for the unknown. I decide to go.

It's now 7:30 pm Friday night. I've loaded up Pa's old truck. No one is at home, they never are, so no one will see me leave. I back out of the driveway and head down the road to the Hotel. It's dark out, and no one else is on the road. I turn my volume all the way up so I can drown out my thoughts, my never ending thoughts. *ding* Who could be sending me a text? I look down and grab my phone. It's my Mama. "Where are you? Your brother has gone missing. We need your help."

I see the headlights in front of me and hear a *CRASH* before I could reply.

___________________

Holland