02

Justin (^^)

Walking inside I heard two female voices. I had furrowed my eyebrows and walked into the kitchen. My mother was sat at the table with another woman.

"Justin," he started in her thick English accent. "This is Eden. She has a son who has asked to marry you!" She said joyfully. I widened my eyes. I don't want to get married! I'm only sixteen! Plus I haven't even met the guy!

"Uh, mom, could we possibly talk?" I asked. She nodded as the woman got up and waved her goodbye. She returned it and motioned me to sit down.

"What the hell?" I asked. She smacked my head.

"Justin! This man seems like he's got his life all planned out! He's got money, and everything. Your father left us nothing but a good last name. If you marry this boy, it'll be good for us family also!" She tried to converse with me.

I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"Absolutely not." I spoke in my British accent. I've tried to speak like an American, but it's not working. I guess that's alright, we only moved here two weeks ago.

"Agh. I'm not asking again. This is final. Your getting engaged with this man whether you like it or not!" She said. I looked at her and stood up quickly.

"What are you to tell me what to do? I'm considered an adult! I'm aloud to make my own decisions on who to be with or marry!" I cried back. She shook her head.

"You're doing this." She said and walked out of the room. I scoffed and crossed my arms again, looking out the window. I watched as kids played out in their front yard from across the street. I put my hands on each side of the sink and looked down. I clenched my jaw.

This is so not fair! I'm a big boy and I can do things for myself! I heard footsteps and turned around to meet my little sister Jazmyn peeking around the corner. I smiled a bit and watched as she came up to me and made grabby hands at me. I picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"What's wrong?" She asked. I sighed.

"Mom is making me get married." I said. She probably has no clue what that is, but that doesn't matter right now. She nodded slowly.

"I don't know what that is, but you look sad, so I'm sorry you have to do that." She said. She was so cute. I smiled bigger and hugged her tightly. I put her down and she ran out of the room.

I walked into the living room and saw my mom trying to work out radio. I rolled my eyes. I was still mad at her. I decided to leave the house and explore this place. America is new to me, so why not get used to it?

I got on my jacket and slipped on my shoes. I opened the door and walked down the stones that led the way down to the sidewalk.

I made my way into town and went into one of the shops. I looked around. There were a few things that caught my eye, that you couldn't buy in England. I reached into my pocket, and pulled out thirty-nine cents. Just enough to buy me some Wax Lips and Zagnuts.

I grabbed them and went to pay the guy with my money. He handed me the four extra cents, and I made my way out the store. I put the candy into my pocket and made my way down Bucker St.

It was maybe eight thirty and I was tired. I turned to the right and felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around, frightened.

"Hey baby," he said in his Mexican accent. I backed up slowly. "No need to be afraid, I won't hurt you." He chuckled while caressing my cheek. I scrunched up my nose as I smelled his breath. He kissed my lips and I pushed him back and ran.

He tasted like cigarettes. I wiped my mouth and spit out my saliva on the newly cut grass. I ran faster as I made it onto my street. I opened my door and slammed it shut, locking it.

I blew my hair out of my face. It's a habit. I wiped my mouth more, and walked into the kitchen. My mother and sister were probably in bed, so I put my candy on the counter, and turned on the faucet. I grabbed the nearest cloth I could find, put some soap on it, and vigorously wiped and  tried to get the taste off of my mouth.

I put my candy into one of the cabinets where no one could find them and headed up the stairs to my room. I was so close to being taken away from my innocence. But I'm going to try and forget it, because it didn't happen. That's in the past.

I unbuttoned my blue button up, and unzipped my slacks. I also took off my white bow tie, and threw those into my hamper. I brushed my teeth, and threw on my long sleeved shirt, and some comfy pants. I hopped into bed after turning off my light.

I instantly fell asleep, excited to meet that Jason boy again tomorrow.

//\\
-Eliza

Short chapter and I'm sorry. It was just Justin's pov this time. Also, those candied I named were real from the 40s lol. I had to look them up.

So, I wanted to also tell you guys that I might update a lot tomorrow sense I don't have school. And also, I have two doctors appointments on Wednesday, so I don't know if I can then. But probably tomorrow.

Anyways, that's for reading this. There might be some mistakes, because I didn't edit. I rarely edit ever so yeah. Lol.

Thanks again!💕💖