Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Harper's P.O.V

The next morning

That was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in years. I think its because I finally felt at home and at a peace. In this moment I know I made the right decision on accepting Brantley's invitation. "Speaking" of Brantley, where is he? I rolled over to find a note placed on his pillow.

                              "Harp,

                                              I went to the store to get groceries. It completely slipped my

                                              mind that mom, Kolbs, Kayleigh, the band, and a couple of

                                                other friends are coming over tonight for a small homecoming

                                                party. Don't worry about cooking, I'm bringing breakfast home.

                                                Coffee is fresh in the kitchen. I love you!

                                                                                                Love always,

                                                                                                                                         BRANT"

Great, now I need to go home and get some more clothes and necessities.

I eventually talked myself into getting out of the warm bed. I scurried to Brantley's closet to get one of his shirts. I threw on his Harley Davidson sweatshirt with some leggings and UGG boots. After pulling my hair up in a messy bun, I grabbed the dogs leashes to take them outside while we waited on Brantley to get home.

After the dogs got familiar to each other I let them off of their leashes to run around the fenced portion of the back yard. We had been outside about thirty minutes and I was on my second cup of coffee when I felt arms wrap around me from behind.

"I could get used to this." Brantley's scruffy voice whispered in my ear, with his beard rubbing against my neck.

"Used to what, Mr. bad boy?" I questioned.

"Coming home to you and our babies."

"You better get used to it, because I'll be here for a long time."

"Oh, I cant wait darlin'."

"So, what's this I heard about a party?"

"Just a little get together, nothing extravagant, I promise!"

"Alright."

"I know you aren't one for parties."

"Nope, I rather stay home cuddled up on the couch binge watching greys anatomy, Chicago fire, or Chicago Pd. Speaking of home, I need to go get some more stuff before this shing ding."

"Let's eat breakfast first."

"Sounds good Brant bear."

After we finished eating, B went to his home studio to write, since he had suddenly gotten inspiration. The dogs even followed him, though I think he bribed them with treats. It surprised me that Pippa followed him, because she has never been a fan of anyone besides me and a few close friends.

While Brantley was writing or whatever he was actually doing, I decided to escape for a little while and go back to my place to pack up the rest of my clothes. As I was packing I heard the front door open.

"Harp! Where are you?" Audrey yelled.

"My room." I yelled back.

"Where have you been?"

"Brantleys...."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"I need to hear this story. Ben wouldn't say anything. He kept telling me to ask you."

"I need to hear about that too!"

"You will, After you fill me in about Brantley."

"Okay, so it started about 13 years ago. I was only 14 and b was 16, we had grown up around each other. We were best friends and neighbors. Eventually we started dating. We dated for three years. I was with him through all of his dark times; the addictions, the night he wrapped his truck around a tree, everything, I was there for him. The night of his wreck, we had gotten into an argument because of his habits, if that's what you want to call him getting high and drunk and cheating on me with some skank. Even though he made his own decisions, I still felt responsible for his accident, I still feel responsible for that wreck. I was so in love with him, I still am. You always asked me why I didn't date or go out much, well its because I never got over Brantley.

After Brantley's accident we got back together, although that only lasted a few months because he left for Nashville and I went to nursing school. I never heard anything from him until his concert a couple of nights ago. All those feelings I had hidden so well came rushing back like the past never happened. So, are you confused?"

"Nope, I get it now."

"So, you and Ben?"

"Well, I really like him. Like a lot. I have never felt like this about anyone, ever! When I'm around him I don't notice anyone else. You know better then anyone, my past with the male species. I always find another guy almost instantly. With Ben I don't want anyone else, I only want him, no one. I see my future with him and only him."

"Aww, my Audrey's all grown up! Are y'all coming over to Brantley's tonight?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Kayleigh's going to be there."

"Really, why?"

"She's dating Kolby."

"Aww! Have you found a place to move yet?"

"Yeah, you want to help me finish packing my clothes?"

"Sure, where are you moving?"

"To Brantley's house."

"Y'all will be married or engaged within the year."

"Maybe so. I have baby fever again and another dog isn't going to help this time. Hopefully I can suppress it enough until I get married."

"Maybe you'll have little Brantleys in a year!"

W