Part 3

Right after he completed his task he ran to the bathroom and broke down, what Phil said to him, fake or real, had hurt.

He sat there, crying silently, for the rest of class until he heard the others passing by. Quietly he walked and and to his favourite passage way and say there. Not crying. Not upset. Just simply mulling over the events.

He eventually heard the passage door open and he shrunk unto the shadows.

"Dan it's OK. It's me, Phil." Phil said soothingly. "I heard what happened. Come out."

Dan came out cautiously and let himself look at his best friend.

"I'd never say those things to you. you're my best friend." Phil whispered wrapping him into a hug.

Dan felt his frayed nerves calm and relaxed into his friends arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a year later and Phil went on to work for the ministry while Dan was in his 5th year. Hogwarts decided that they'd try to host the Tri-Wizard Tournament again.

Dan entered his name and was chosen to compete for Hogwarts.

In the last task when he had to fight his Bogart in the maze he readied himself, but it wasn't Phil this time. Instead it was the supernatural.

He grinned as he yelled, "Riddikulus!" feeling a sense of pride. He knew Phil wouldn't leave him and that when he got out in two years he and Phil would work together and hopefully live together.

That was all the strength he needed to get through Gus next few hears at Hogwarts.

Phil.