chapter 10

ethan's pov:

i looked at mrs wilston, with mind gone blank.

"i'll call you back later mom," i quickly put down the phone and turned my attention to mrs wilston.

"so.. actually.. alexis.." i was so close to admitting our relationship to mrs wilston, i just couldn't think of an excuse in such a short period of time.

"alexis is our close friend, our best friend.. right? ethan?" chris saved me and gave me a nudge.

"yea yea, alexis is our best friend.. nothing more than that.." i tried making it sound as real as possible but i guess my face expression shows that im lying.

"but.. I heard you saying that alexis is your girlfriend. " mrs wilston said sternly.

i was honestly lost for words. i have no idea what to reply her.

"oh.. no..no.. you heard wrong.." chris helped me again.

just then mr wilston came out of the room and saw mrs wiltson.

"oh here you are! i was about to go find you.." he said, grabbing mrs wilston hand and pulling her into the room. but her eyes were still on me. honestly whats wrong with her? why does she keep looking at me, like even before she heard i was alexis' boyfriend?

jakob's pov:

mr wilston came back in less than a minute with mrs wilston. he was worried because she took so long so he decided to go find her.

"that's fast," kayloe said, surprised

"yea, your mom was just outside with ethan and chris.." mr wilston said, passing mrs wilston a cup of water.

"ethan looked abit down... so does chris.. maybe y'all would want to go check out whats wrong?" mr wilston asked out of concern

"oh yea yea, we'll go take a look." i replied as chloe, jasmine and I walked out of the room. they were just sitting on the seats opposite the room.

"hey guys, y'all alright?" chloe asked and sat down beside chris. me and jasmine took a seat beside ethan.

"well, mrs wilston might have overheard me telling my mom about my relationship with alexis.." ethan explained. we were all shocked.

"so you told your mom about your relationship too? i thought your mom would disallow..?" jasmine asked, confused.

"yea of course she would disallow! but i couldn't hide it anymore. she said she'll only give permission when she returns from holiday but she needs to know how important alexis is to me! i couldn't take it anymore, I had to let it out.." ethan said, on the verge of tears.

"aww it's okay etho," jasmine said and passed a tissue to him. he took it and cleaned his tears

chris pov:

"let me tell you a joke," i said, trying to make him smile, although the only person that could really keep him happy is alexis.

"why did the student throw his watch out of the window?" i continued.

ethan looked up and shrugged his shoulders.

"because he wanted time to fly!" i said it was enthusiastic as i could.

fortunately it worked and ethan smiled and laughed a little.

i was relief seeing ethan laughing at my joke and knowing his alright.

"so, when is your mom coming back?" i asked

"in like another 3 more days!"

"aw man,that's long" i said
no wonder he sounded so pissed.