∥Five∥

Alan woke up with a splitting headache and the feeling to throw up again. He groaned into the pillows on the bed, realizing this in fact wasn't his, but it didn't stop him from rolling around, pulling the blankets over his head and trying to block out the sun light that was coming in front the closed curtains. Alan felt terrible, like a truck hit him multiple times. He really didn't drink that much, let alone any at all but his head, stomach and the bitter taste in his mouth said otherwise.

Alan peeked from under the covers to see the alarm clock sitting on the bedside table, the big red letters saying it was one in the afternoon. He knew eventually he'd have to get up and go find Aaron who was somewhere around in the house, maybe. Hopefully he wasn't too hungover to take Alan home. Alan only hoped his mother wasn't home because if she knew he went out and drank way too much, she'd have his head, although it wasn't the first time Alan has drank before, it just wasn't as often.

It was another hour or so that Alan had slept before he decided it was time to get up and possibly leave. He gathered his things, shoes and phone, going downstairs where some people were walking out of the front door, slowly and quietly shutting it. Alan tiptoed around a few people who were splayed out on the floor passed out and made his way to the kitchen where Jack was stood, searching through cabinets for some food. He turned when he saw Alan and smiled.

"Have fun last night?" Jack questioned, seeing Alan's messed up hair and sleepy posture.

"I feel terrible," Alan muttered, slipping on his shoes.

"Nothing some medicine and a hot shower can't fix." Jack said knowingly, considering partying and drinking was his sort of thing.

"Have you... have you seen Aaron anywhere?" Alan asked, running quick hands through his hair to calm the mess. Jack thought for a moment before shaking his head. Alan exhaled a breath, grumbling under his breath.

"Sorry buddy, but I can give you a ride if you'd like? It's raining outside anyways." Jack said. Alan nodded slowly, grateful that he was offering a ride home because Alan was going to refuse to walk home in the rain, he already did that once and it was not fun.

Jack gave Alan a ride home, stopping in his driveway and allowing Alan to get out before driving away. Alan rushed inside his house, knowing his mom wasn't home since it was the afternoon. He went upstairs towards the bathroom and stripped off all of his clothing, turning on the shower and getting in, feeling the hot steaming water run down his tired and hungover body. Silently Alan made a promise to himself that he was not going to drink anymore. He hated the headaches and the churning feeling in his stomach. He shouldn't have let Kellin coax him into having a drink because one led to another and another. Sure Alan liked to party, it was like a sense of freedom he could grasp in his hands and decide when he wanted to let go but sometimes the partying could get out of hand and Alan didn't like it.

After his shower, Alan went back to his room with a towel wrapped around his waist and got dressed in a pair of shorts and a sweater. He tossed his dirty clothes into a basket and went downstairs into the living room where he plopped himself down and turned on the t.v., finding something interesting to watch but eventually fell asleep, curled up tight in a blanket. After several hours into his nap, he woke up, hearing clamoring coming from the kitchen. Alan stood, stretching some before walking into the kitchen where he saw his mother standing over the stove, cooking left over spaghetti but she turned when she saw her boy.

"Hey sweetie, I didn't wake you did I?" She questioned, Alan shook his head and sat down on a stool, rubbing at his eyes. "Well, dinner is almost ready." She added, Alan nodded and rested his head against the cool counter.

"Did you have fun with Aaron yesterday?" His mom asked after a few minutes of silence. At first Alan began to panic, thinking that his mother some how knew that he was at a party because mother's always just know things, but Alan had to swallow his panic and keep his voice from shaking.

"What?" He also feared what Aaron might have told his mom, knowing him.

"Aaron said that you two were going to the movies and then to the fair afterwards," she said, Alan let out a small breath before nodding.

"Yeah, it was fun but I um, I didn't win anything at the fair, sadly." He said, his mom chuckled and smiled at her boy.

Conversations continued until dinner was ready and Alan and his mom were sat on the couch together, eating spaghetti and watching 27 Dresses and other movies. Alan's headache had subsided and was scarfing down his food almost too quickly. After dinner, Alan and his mom both settled down, covering up with blankets until they both fell asleep, t.v. still running and dishes on the coffee table to be cleaned later on.