HiddeN SecreTs

Chapter 2

HiddeN SecreTs - Connor

I couldn’t believe my mate was a supernatural being. And what really made me mad was I have no idea what she is. I’ve heard stories of other beings but I’ve never seen one. That was until now, of course. I knew she has been lying to me this whole time but I didn’t want to use threats to get the truth out of her. I was banking on her to come clean on her own.

Now she’s sitting up on a tiny branch, thirty feet high, and mad as hell.

“If I have to come up there to get you, you won’t like it!” I warned.

Taryn threw down another branch and tried hitting me again. “No! I don’t want to go back with you!” she yelled down.

It hurt to hear those words come out of her mouth but I’m a Winters. We don’t give up on our mates. I climbed fast and swung from branch to branch until I was standing in front of her. “Come here, Taryn,” I coaxed softly.

Her tiny hands held tighter to the branch as she shook her head. “You have to let me go, Connor,” she pleaded.

Her voice was like a beautiful siren singing to me. I wanted to do her will and make her happy. I snapped out of the small trance and with my werewolf speed, I grabbed her around the waist and dropped down with her in my arms.

Taryn let go a piercing scream, hurting my ears until she realized she wasn’t falling anymore. Her eyes snapped open and she pushed out of my arms.

“You barbarian!” she seethed breathing in sharp, quick breaths. She stomps off, heading back toward the truck. I couldn’t help but smile the whole time. She called me a barbarian. That was very old cutting words to call a man when he displeased his woman. It was cute as hell, just like her rear as her hips swayed as she stormed off. She just didn’t realize how much I was enjoying this.

I was very proud of myself for once. I had the most sexiest little mate and a fire cracker at that. Now I find out she’s a supernatural being. Getting that out of her is going to be like pulling teeth to a human. Either way, I’m going to get my answers.

I was still smiling or more like grinning when she surprised me by picking up a thick branch. She held it out, pointing it at me, daring me to come closer. “Get back! I don’t want to hurt you but I will if you don’t let me go,” she warned in her siren voice.

I laughed and it only made her madder. She launched it like a dagger and took off running like a bullet.

“What the hell,” I breathed as I caught it before it pierced through my chest. She actually launched the sucker like I would have. If I hadn’t had caught it, I would be one holey son of a bitch.

I took off running after her and found her trying to figure out how to start my vehicle. Her blue eyes met mine and she closed them lowering her head, knowing there was no use. I was mad but seeing her like this also hurt. Something was terribly wrong and I needed answers from her.

“Slide over, Taryn,” I ordered. She did just that and curled up against the passenger door. I heard her faintly whisper ‘I promise I’ll find you Pilloxie’, as she stared out the window. I pretended I didn’t hear her and hurried home. This Pilloxie person was obviously special to her.

When we got home, I took her to the room and dropped her off so I could research before bombarding her with questions. I walked two doors down into my own private office and looked up Taryn’s name. There were lots of Taryn’s in the files but luckily it wasn’t a popular name. I could narrow the search down even more if I knew how she spelled it.