Smoke

I open my eyes very fast to hear sirens in the distance, quickly getting closer and closer. My eyes start to fade in and out trying to focus on where I am. I pick up my heavy head trying to stand, coughing on what seams to be smoke. It was probably from a few hours ago. Everything was blurry and very foggy. I could barely see the floor as I tried to reach my black backpack that is next to the front door. I sit down on my hard bed and slide on my socks and my shoes, I look at the door handle. Men are now pounding on the wooden front door and twisting the knob yelling to open up. I jump up to the wooden door and lock the extra lock that I have just in case for the problem I'm having now. My shoes are untied but I don't give a shit. Then I swing my backpack around my gray Hollister sweatshirt and struggle to open my bedroom window, when it opens my arms grab the top of the window as I jump out. My feet hit the gravel ground as my head spins in circles with a shrieking headache. I turn toward the window and look at it, I put my feet on the side of the shack like home and jump just the right amount so my stomach is on the wooden part of the window. I reach for my black bill hat. I put the hat on backwards so it's facing the opposite way than it supposed to. I had to pull my sagging pants up before I started running, I turned around and I started to run away from the flashing lights that are now behind me.