chapter 15

It was starting to get dark as Patch, Colette, and the Buddies were still going.

"It's getting dark, we should stop to get some rest." Patch suggested.

"Wait, do you guys smell that?" Budderball sniffed deeply. "I must be 'smellucinating'."

"Whoa, wait, I smell it too!" MudBud said.

They all kept going and they went through bushes and there were people at the drive-in, watching a movie.

"What...?" Patch looked confused once he saw the screen of a human man with an older Dalmatian behind him. "Dad...?"

"Your dad is here, where?" The Buddies asked in unison, looking around.

"Right... There..." Patch pointed to the screen of the movie that the people were watching.

"Wow, that's amazing." The Buddies said.

"You smell that?" Buddha sniffed the air. "I'm no Sniffer, but it's coming from over there."

"You're right, it's popcorn." Colette added.

"Where there's popcorn, there's Budderball!" Budderball looked eager.

The Buddies then zipped off to get popcorn as Roger was now chasing Pongo to get his hat back which would lead to the meeting of Roger and Anita.

"Wow.." Patch said while watching the movie.

"I didn't know you guys had a movie." Colette was just as surprised as he was.

"Neither did I." Patch said.

"Come on, we better go before we get left behind." Colette told him.

Patch nodded, shaking his head and going with the Buddies. "I sure do miss them..." he said, referring to his parents.

"I'm sure they miss you too..." Colette soothed.

"Dudes, this is totally my favorite movie!" B-Dawg spoke up as they went by the concession stand.

There was suddenly thunder and lightning in the movie as the audience was now introduced to Cruella DeVil.

"I am so glad that devil woman is in an asylum." Patch said.

"I'm glad I never met her." Colette agreed.

"Same here because that devil woman was just so evil." Patch said.

"Oh, sweet mama..." Budderball moaned once they got closer to the scent of popcorn. "I can almost taste it... It's through there!"

The Buddies ended up by the garbage cans. Colette cringed at the garbage, unlike most dogs who ate through trash, she found it revolting, mostly due to her upbringing. The Buddies were then in the projection booth where the movie was being played through.

Patch looked at the room name, being able to read it due to being unlike many other dogs. "Now, what was that thing Cherry told me about projection booths...?" he tried to think.

'NEVER EVER go through a projection booth!' Cherry's voice rang through his head. 'That's where the movie is being played and if you make a mess, you'll ruin the movie and fun for everyone!'

"Oh, yeah... Oh, dear." Patch said with wide eyes before going in after the Buddies.

The Buddies got through the room as Cruella was mocking puppy Lucky just as he was born and had no spots so far due to being just born and she called him a white rat. The man at the projection booth was sleeping on the job and holding his bucket of popcorn in his arms.