The Perfect Morning

The sunlight shone through the net curtain into Tony and Ziva's bedroom as their alarm clock started making that familiar ringing sound. It was 6:00am Monday morning and they both had to be at work in an hour and a half. Ziva was the first to wake. She reached out her left arm and sleepily pushed the snooze button at the top. Slowly, she sat up from her comfy bed but before she could stand she was pulled back down by the strong hands of her husband, Tony. "Just five more minutes" he moaned as he raped his arms around her waist and squeezed her tightly. "We have to get up, my love" she said as she kissed his warm forehead. Just then the sound of small footsteps came running into the room followed by a light jump onto the bed. Tony gave Ziva one last peck on the lips before they were separated by the daughter, Aria. Aria laid down between them snuggling up to her dad and pretended to go back to sleep. Ziva smiled, got out of bed and went into the bathroom to have a quick shower. "Aria, munchkin, you can't go back to sleep, you have school" said tony, with his eyes still shut. Like father like daughter some might say.

Aria let out a small moan which told Tony getting up was the last thing on her mind and with that he gave her a small tickle on the waist. "Okay, okay daddy, I will get up!" she said laughing. Aria slid out of the bed and ran back to her bedroom down the hall. Tony was quick to follow out of bed, walking over to the dresser and pulling out a clean suit to wear to work that day. Ziva came out of the bathroom, washed and dressed. "Does it really take long to get up Tony?" she asked as she walked over to her dressing table to put on her makeup. "Well, you know how kids are..." Tony replied. "Haha, I know how you BOTH are!" Ziva replied laughing. Once Ziva was ready she went down stairs to the kitchen and started to make up Aria's lunch box, one sandwich, a packed of chips, a bag of fruit and a bottle of Capri sun. That's all her little first grader ever wanted to have in her lunch box. She was very strong willed just like her mother. Just as Ziva was opening the cupboard to get out the breakfast cereal, Tony came hurrying down the stairs, "where's Aria?" he ask. "She's upstairs, isn't she?" Ziva asked panic in her voice. "She's not in her room!" Tony said as he ran back up the stairs quickly followed by Ziva. They both burst into Aria's bedroom and what they saw sent chills down their spines...