Ch17

Evie's POV
The song started to slow down then sped back up and I was lost in the beat. Polierre was killing it, too. He was always a good dancer. Reminds me of the time his mom had to dance with him for her wedding and he swept her off of her feet, literally.

When the song came off, I noticed some people left to sit back down and the other few stayed. This time it was a slow song. Polierre turned to go to the table. "Sitting down?" I laughed at his exhaustion. "Yeah girl..." He chuckled and waved me off. I was to turn around but bumped into someone. "Sor--" I began to say when I met a beautiful and familiar set of eyes. "....ry," I choked out, finishing my so-called apology. The eyes squinted as I looked into them, not realizing that the lights were becoming dim. The eyes looked down and I looked down too. This angel before me wanted to dance?

Woah, woah.
I'm not dancing with him and he's here with someone else. I'm not sure if he could read me but I was scared. Scared to be seen with him while like this. I turned on my heel and in a snap, I was turned into a strong pair of arms. Then I felt one of his arms snake around my waist and the other connected with the small fingers of my other hand. I stood shocked. "Please? May I have this dance?" His voice, like nectar, drugged my head. I slurred on my words but built enough strength to say "I'm sorry, sir, shouldn't you be dancing with her?" Then I reached a finger from his touch and pointed at his date. He looked down at his shoes then back up to me. "No, my sister would rather not dance with me to this song..." He said with an expression I couldn't read. Then, just like that...he was gone. I stood dumbfounded.

Owen's POV
I took my sister's hand and we were gone. Maybe I was a little hurt that counter girl would think I'd pull that thing with her then turn around and go out with someone else. Maybe I overreacted. It doesn't even matter. We're not even a couple, nor friends. But it still bothered me that she'd say that. I'm a grown ass man acting like a little boy. I drove us back and the whole time, Marie was quiet. I guess she could see my anger as my ears got hot and my grip on the steering wheel tightened. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. "You okay Owie...?" She asked softly, playing with her fingers. "Yeah," I simply said. "No Owie, what's really wrong? Is it that girl?" I came to a stop hearing that. "She thought you were my date..." I choked out. I could tell she was going to laugh. "Go ahead, Marie...laugh." And she did. But not for long when I looked at her. "Me, your date?" She asked, wiping a tear away. I nodded. "Wow..." She giggled. "Should we go back and tell her I'm your sister?" She asked, being serious. I waved the idea away. "I wanna go home," I looked out into the night, as the other cars passed by. Within another 10 minutes, I pulled up and got out. "I'll call you tomorrow bro. Thanks for going out with me. I'm sorry about that girl. She doesn't know what she's missing," she gave a warm smile and hugged me then left in her car. Tonight was going to be a looong one.