Life at home

6 years later

"Rosa!!" I can hear my adoptive father Eren calling for me. I run to him, and see that Lucas was stuck on his leg. Lucas is 6 now and I'm 14. Levi my other adoptive father found him when he was a baby on the same day Eren brought me to the scouts. Yes, I have two fathers. One's a clean freak, and the other's a titan shifter. I remained with the scouts and Eren taught me how to fight, and protect myself.

"Rosa, go take Lucas for a walk I have to help Levi with papers. Be back before dusk. And stay away from Marshall!" He tells me putting emphases on 'Marshall'. I roll my eyes and nod. He doesn't like Marshall. I really wouldn't either, he's Jean's son... Yep guy finally got girlfriend.

 Levi said that commander Erwin said in a file on him that he "Does almost no work except for eye fucking Marco." The only people who have kids here are our parents, and Jean. 

There was a whole ordeal that went down. Which was eventually brought to court. Some people thought it was a bad place for children to be while others argued it would make us stronger. Commander Erwin, Who is practically my uncle, Said that the Survey corp. would ensure our safety, and build us up into strong adults.

Lucas and I put on our boots and went out. We hurried and raced across to see the scout regiments training. This year after my birthday, which is a 20 days away, I'm gonna become a cadet. Everyone says to go for it, but Lucas is unsure. 

"Rosa?" I hear him ask when we stop. I look at him. He looks up at me with big puppy dog eyes. "Are you really going to become a trainee?" He asks. I look at him worried, "Yeah, why" I ask him.

He looks down at his feet. " Don't want you to leave. What if you never come back?" He starts getting teary-eyed on me. We sit down and I hug him. "I'll always come back. And hey, when I finish training you can visit me some more," I look at him. His big baby blue eyes filled with tears. He buries his face in my chest. "But, I just don't want you to go," He whines. I look down at him and think of a way to keep him from crying.

I laugh. Hysterically. He looks up at me with widened eyes. He seems confused. "Why are you laughing?" He asks. I look at him with soft eyes. "Well, When you laugh all the bad stuff goes away. It clears your mind," I tell him. ( sorta kinda a totoro reference) 

He looks at me with relief in his eyes. "Lucas, I will always be here. Okay?" He nods. "Now lets get back," He jumps up and I carry him home on my back. When we get there I see Levi is home. "Hey Levi," I say as Lucas jumps off my back. "Hmm," he responds, nodding his head.

 Eren was sitting on the couch, reading a book, while Levi sat at his desk looking over some paperwork. Eren gets up and rubs his upper arm. He pushed his body too far while working on his hand to hand combat skill. 

"It's almost time to go to the Mess Hall, to eat, you coming?" He asks me. I nod and look at Lucas. He nods as well, and looks at Levi. "Tch, yeah give me a minute I've got to finish this before we go." He says. Eren, Lucas, and I slip on our boots, while we wait for him to get done. He gets done as we finish putting on our boots. 

Eren opens the door and we all walk out. I always like to keep a little ways back. Not too far, maybe four steps away. This time Levi stay behind with me. He whispers something to Eren , and Eren nods. "So, what are you going to do?" He asks me. "What?" I look at him. We're the same height, so we're eye level to each other. 

"Are you gonna become a cadet, or stay here, and keep him from having a heart attack?" He asks nodding his head toward Lucas. "Don't put it that way," I tell him. " Well," He answers back. "I'd like to become a cadet, but I need a way to make sure he doesn't have problems when I leave," I say. "Problems?"

"Yeah, like anxiety, depression, OCPD," I say as I nudge Levi's arm. "Tch, I like my things to be neat," He says defending himself. "I know that," I say looking forward again. We walk into the Mess hall, and we're greeted by people who pass us. I answer back politely while Levi completely ignores them. 

We walk over to where Eren, Erwin, Hanji, and Lucas were. "Hey Rosa!" Hanji greets me dragging out the 'a' in my name. "Hey Hanji, hows it going?" I ask her. "Goddammit Rosa," I hear Levi mutter behind me, as he pulls me in front of him.  Most likely trying to hide from her. "T'sall going just great, what about you?" Hanji ask me. "I'm doing wonderful." I answer her. I walk away from Levi, and glance at him. He gives me a death stare, as I hear Hanji greet him. "Hello, shorty!" 

"Hey Shitty-Glasses," He returns.  "Can I borrow Eren-" She's cut off by Levi. "No" He tells her. "Awww," She groans. I take a seat next to where Hanji was sitting, and by Erwin. "Good Evening, Rosa," Erwin says. "Good evening," I reply.  Hanji, and Levi sit down and we eat.