Chapter 5

I entered the science classroom, only one last class before I got to go home. I had just forgotten about one small detail- Dylan was my lab partner. That's actually how I met Lily, he invited me to the movies with them. I sat down in my seat and started to do the warm up, and I didn't even realize Dylan had slid into the chair next to me.

"About the party..." He started. I jumped, not knowing he was there. He put his arm on my shoulder trying to calm me. I slapped his hand and said "Shut up Dylan."

"Holly I..."
"No." I responded.

For the next 45 minutes of class, the only words I said to him were "no", "glycemic", and "okay"

During the averaging, he told me
" You look very pretty today. I like your new look." I responded with

"It's 4/5 not 4/15."  He gave me a blank look. "That's why your averaging is wrong."He stared at me for one minute, and then looked back down at his notebook.

Lacy drove me home the rest of that week, and I was invited to three movie showings, one party, and one date. I had missed being friends with Lacy, she always knew what I needed to hear, or what I was thinking. She even got Cole Frasten to ask me out.

Cole Frasten. I had been crushing on him since 7th grade, and now I'm going to Elitch Gardens with him and a bunch of my new friends tomorrow.

That's why I'm still up on Saturday night at 2:30. I can't decide what to wear tomorrow. There's a pink dress with a cutout back, but I don't want him to think I'm trying too hard. I could also wear sweatpants with a loose 21 pilots tee, but I don't want him to think I don't care. My last option is denim shorts with a PINK short sleeved shirt. I think that one is perfect. I will wear that one.

My alarm goes off at 7, leaving me 20 minutes to get ready and eat before Lacy picks me up. I throw on the outfit I picked out last night, and slide on my retro keds. I love my keds. I run down the stairs and grab a cinnamon toast. I am downing a glass of juice when the doorbell rings. I sprint to the door and swing it open to see Cole standing on my doorstep.

"Lacy didn't feel like getting out of the car." He says calmly.

"Oh. Okay." I reply nervously. I mutter something about my phone and I run into the kitchen to get my bag.

Emerson is already riding shotgun, so Cole and I share the back seat.

"Ugh turn it off Holly." Emerson groans. I pick up my phone to change the song, but Cole takes it from me and says

"Emerson I love X Ambassadors, so wait until this song is over and then you can listen to your fluff stuff."

I try to hide my laugh but I accidentally giggle a little bit, and soon Cole and I are rolling.

"So you like X Ambassadors?" Cole asks me

"Yes! My favorite is Gorgeous." I respond

"Figures." Cole mutters

"What?" I say, taken aback

"It's just you're gorgeous, so it figures you would love that song." He responds

Smooth. I blush and look away.

When we reach Elitches, Cole practically flies out of the car and runs to the other side before I can get out, and opens the door for me. I smile and laugh while Emerson and Lacy are making stupid faces at each other.

Cole continues to act like this for the rest of the day. He buys me soda, cotton candy, even a pass for the extra price ride: The Sphere

Well that's what everyone at my school calls it. The Sphere has a reputation of forming relationships. If someone wants you to come on The Sphere with you, they want to get in your pants.

I have wanted to ride the sphere since I was probably 10 years old. My hands shake as Cole helps me strap in, very tightly. I don't mind though, I would like to be safe. I can feel the tension of the bands release slowly on the ball, when all of a sudden I am in the air upside down. I can hear myself screaming as Cole grasps my hand. I am flying.